MINELAB LV

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whell $hit, I hate to bring this thread back... but Minelab now gets an F- from me! Remember that new switch I had to wait three weeks for ? Well I was not going to post anything if Minelab did OK but they have not and here it goes. After only the second outing with my machine after getting it back with that brand new better than the old switch that NEVER failed has taken a dump! Fortunately it allowed me to turn on the machine so I did not lose the day. I was heading back for lunch and went to turn it off.... switch did nothing. Broken for sure, would not turn off. Called Trina at Mineab and she sounded very concerned and emailed me a shipping lable for overnight UPS to Las Vegas and assured me of urgent service. It was shipped the next day on Friday the 7th. I did get a phone Message from Trina saying the detector had arrived.

OK me being the patient parson waited till this week to call and get a status report on the urgent repair of my detector..... THREE friggin calls to Trina and no reply whatsoever! Called her direct line and her cell phone....... Minelab USA service sucks! Wish we had an alternate other than sending our beepers all the way to OZ......

As much as I would like to purchase a detector from Doc, If I buy a new one it will be direct from OZ with an OZ warranty so I never have to deal with Minlelab USA again.......

Whell $hit, I hate to bring this thread back... but Minelab now gets an F- from me! Remember that new switch I had to wait three weeks for ? Well I was not going to post anything if Minelab did OK but they have not and here it goes. After only the second outing with my machine after getting it back with that brand new better than the old switch that NEVER failed has taken a dump! Fortunately it allowed me to turn on the machine so I did not lose the day. I was heading back for lunch and went to turn it off.... switch did nothing. Broken for sure, would not turn off. Called Trina at Mineab and she sounded very concerned and emailed me a shipping lable for overnight UPS to Las Vegas and assured me of urgent service. It was shipped the next day on Friday the 7th. I did get a phone Message from Trina saying the detector had arrived.

OK me being the patient parson waited till this week to call and get a status report on the urgent repair of my detector..... THREE friggin calls to Trina and no reply whatsoever! Called her direct line and her cell phone....... Minelab USA service sucks! Wish we had an alternate other than sending our beepers all the way to OZ......

As much as I would like to purchase a detector from Doc, If I buy a new one it will be direct from OZ with an OZ warranty so I never have to deal with Minlelab USA again.......

Sorry to hear that your experience was so similar to mine, ignored emails/phone calls etc. even more sorry to see that yet again Minelab have given Doug a reason to start another rant about their lack of service. Thank you for posting it though.

I can't believe I'm going to say this.... but... the more of this I hear, the more I love my Garrett Infinium... it saddens me to say that and I sure hope that Minelab AU are monitoring this thread because I don't hear of this drama from my Aussie friends and I REALLY don't want to have to send my GPX-4500 back to AU if anything happens to it. Right now I have a BRAND NEW one in the box that I keep tempting to put to use but then just as I think about charging up the battery, this drama continues and I'm tempted to just put it on ebay and forget about Minelab.. I could sure put the money from all my GPX coils, detectors, books video's ect to good use if I liquidated anything to do with Minelab.

WAKE UP MINELAB!!!!! YOU ARE LOOSING A CUSTOMER BASE THAT YOU AND JP, JACK LANGE, DOC, ROB, CHRIS(s), AND OTHERS HAVE WORKED HARD TO CREATE!!!!! IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR NORTH AMERICAN (THAT INCLUDES CANADA) DETECTOR OWNERS WHO YOU CONTINUE TO PUT THROUGH THIS CRAP SERVICE EXPERIENCE, AT LEAST THINK OF YOUR DEALERS WHO ARE LOSING SALES AS THE ABOVE POST CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES... WAKE UP AND GET YOUR ARSE OUT OF THE MINEFIELD AND BACK TO THE COMMUNITY WHO KEEP YOUR DOORS OPEN BETWEEN WARS AND MINE SWEEPING.

Jennifer (now I'm torn again about what to do with this unit) Bond.

Jennifer... thing is The GPX machines are the greatest gold getters bar none! I will never think of replacing mine with any other brand! Just need to replace the current service center!

True but as I and others have found out, the thing could turn milk into molten gold all day long and it would still be USELESS if it's sitting in Vegas or back to you un-repaired and/or inoperative (which mine was and others have been). I only learned of my units "trip in for a recall update which turned into a completely un-operational noisy unit" AFTER several trips to the field resulting in over $1,000 in expenses each time.

My claims are MILES away from where I am and wasted a TON of money last year using a detector that was defective (GPX) so it's about more than the unit to me, it's about lost revenue. Here in Canada our season is only a few months long (due to frozen ground, frost, no access due to snow covered highways etc), we don't have the luxury to let a unit sit in Vegas for months at a time, only to come back even more defective than when it went in, my entire season was shot last year due to the absolute $hit service from Vegas and I have yet to see anything improve other than acts that were done by non Minelab people on my behalf to get resolution.

Minelab is like a drug dealer...get you hooked, dry up supplies and raise cost of what's left. We need another dealer to get us United State Prospector's excited about. It's a sad day, when our partner can't swing his detector in a new patch with NuggetSlayer and I. Wish I could help more than just give you my thoughts of this company!

LuckyLundy

El Dorado try this email address: gary.schafer @minelabusa.com Gary Schafer Vice President Minelab USA - North America. I had the same problem with my GPX4000 with the new toggle switch. It was turning off when the coil would hit a rock or ground. I called the LV center and got a anserwing service in Calif. No one would return my call. Just so happened I had a trip to Las Vegas and I went to the office to drop of my detector. Gary was at the reception desk and wasn't aware of all the problems. The tech took my detector and told me it will take about a month to fix. When got back to the hotel Trina called.

you'all have to remember, Minelab says 20 WORKING DAYS to turn it around,(a month, I know, I had a brand new 2100 from Rob, took it in New Years eve,they could'nt get parts, gave me another unit(rebuilt) at the end of January). MINELAB SUCKS!!!! Hendo

EL Dorado

When they replaced the switch was it with a toggle still or another push button type. A friend of mine had his done but they put in another push button type. When I had to have mine done they installed a toggle style. So far so good and its been over a year, but I have only used it about a half dozen times to.

Good hunting, take care, Wes.

It was replaced with a toggle switch. Trina finally answered her cell phone. She claims to be on a road trip to OK.I asked why my calls had not been returned and she said Minelab is having server problems. I told her what does server problems have to do with not answering cell phone calls, or not returning phone messages.... she was speechless and told me as soon as she reached her hotel, she would find out what is up and get back to me...... yeah right!

Minelab USA your customer service SUCKS!

It was replaced with a toggle switch. Trina finally answered her cell phone. She claims to be on a road trip to OK.I asked why my calls had not been returned and she said Minelab is having server problems. I told her what does server problems have to do with not answering cell phone calls, or not returning phone messages.... she was speechless and told me as soon as she reached her hotel, she would find out what is up and get back to me...... yeah right!

Minelab USA your customer service SUCKS!

We're sorry, your telephone message has been forwarded to our e-mail server from our "Voice over IP" server, which will transpose your message into a PowerPoint presentation and upload onto our FTP server where someone will retrieve it, move it over to our SAP/ERP system which will run voice recognition software on it, transcriber it into an MS Word document and attach it to an email and forward to the Customer Service department... where it will promptly ignored. Sorry if there is slight delay in our responding to you, all our servers are in Australia and only work when it's light out, but rest assured, our network consists of a high speed ISDN line that is split into two 56kb lines so you're message (or half of it at least) should arrive soon.... :ph34r:

Wow, that's taking "your customers are morons and will believe every word you say" to an entirely new level.... are you sure she didn't say:

Sorry, your voicemail was stuck up in my truck and I had to hire a hunk to get it down:

wtf_pictures-macho-macho-t1.jpg

or my pussy distracted me with tweaker games and time just got away from me

OMG_WTF.jpg

or I thought you fell asleep

633719451686511810-PLEASEWAIT.jpg

633966308113576245-CustomerService.jpg

Wow, what a shocker of idiocracy, did you ask her if her road trip to Oklahoma was to find some Customer Service skills? Maybe she's just on a search for less inteligent customers who would consider what we've all gone through "Good Customer Service".

633877929073520675-poorplanning.jpg

Nothing screams quality like having your customers who paid $5,000+ for their detectors have to get replacement power switches out of the .49 goodie bin at Radio Shack... :wacko:

Hearing that line of absolute BS from Trina (if correct and you have no reason to state otherwise) pretty much seals the deal for me, this will be my last Minelab product and if it ever needs service, it will go to Australia.

Jennifer