NEW 5000 pays for itself in 9 days

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh JP, the kids have really grown!

I see they are still wearing their hats.

Take care!

Doc

Found this recently with an 18" Mono in Enhance with the GPX 5000

P9160134-3.jpg

And now that the detector is released I can say I found this also....

IMG_3486-1.jpg

as well as this..... and this

4ozdig18-1.jpgPA310009-1.jpg

Even my kids found gold with the 5000...

Timnugget2-1.jpgJoshnugget2-1.jpg

Just thought I would add my two cents concerning the Minelab 5000. First off, I have never metal detected before, have no experience with any machine, am a new resident of Arizona, and went into this hobby with an both eyes open. Did a lot of research, heard about Bill in Morristown, met with him, and was very impressed wth his approach. Told me what I needed to hear, wasn't concerned if I bought a machine from him or not, even offered to help me check out a used machine if I were to find one I was interested in. Since that first meeting, I have purchased a 5000 from him and have studied the manual at lenghth. I take the manual with me and refer to it while detecting. The machine is as complicated as you make it. You don't need to know everything all at once. Granted, there is a lot to learn, especially for a newbie, but most things are like that. Secondly, I would like to say that I have also have nothing but praise for several others in this field, having met briefly with Doc, Rob, Steve and Chris at the Minelab Training Center in Dewey this week. In the past, I even called Steve in Alaska for advice, spoke to a fellow by the name of Bob at length. I must say that I have never met a more helpful bunch of guys before. Thanks to all for the advice, and good luck in the field.

Lyle C.

Hi Steve H.,

In the threads he invades, doug follows a pattern that is pathetic and obvious.

He posts something ugly about whatever else he is trying to sabotage under the guise of being 'scientific' and 'rational'.

In fact it is mean-spirited poison dressed up as 'adult discussion'.

Then he fixes on something absurd, as he has done in this thread; "Are you a member of my forum."

Like this means something...

It defies rationality for normal people and is 'way beneath a person of your standing.

Dispite his self-congratulatory posts being flung around

about how the qed was going to out-do Minelab - stay tuned for the big release this (past) summer - etc. etc. etc.

there has been nothing...

which seems to be dougs ultimate effect; nothing.

On his own forum, he brags about the number of posts it logs

but neglects to add that he posts 70% of the material.

While he boasts about the effects his posts have had on discussions in other forums

He bans people from participating on his forum who disagree with his methods.

I am vehement in my opposition to people who post to promote an agenda that is false.

Participants like doug may serve as cheap entertainment for awhile,

but ultimately they promote mistrust and dischord.

All the best,

Flak

Lyle it was nice talking to you at the training center.

I am glad you enjoyed yourself and hopefully enjoyed the presentations we all gave.

Take care and you are in good hands with Bill Southern.

Doc

Just thought I would add my two cents concerning the Minelab 5000. First off, I have never metal detected before, have no experience with any machine, am a new resident of Arizona, and went into this hobby with an both eyes open. Did a lot of research, heard about Bill in Morristown, met with him, and was very impressed wth his approach. Told me what I needed to hear, wasn't concerned if I bought a machine from him or not, even offered to help me check out a used machine if I were to find one I was interested in. Since that first meeting, I have purchased a 5000 from him and have studied the manual at lenghth. I take the manual with me and refer to it while detecting. The machine is as complicated as you make it. You don't need to know everything all at once. Granted, there is a lot to learn, especially for a newbie, but most things are like that. Secondly, I would like to say that I have also have nothing but praise for several others in this field, having met briefly with Doc, Rob, Steve and Chris at the Minelab Training Center in Dewey this week. In the past, I even called Steve in Alaska for advice, spoke to a fellow by the name of Bob at length. I must say that I have never met a more helpful bunch of guys before. Thanks to all for the advice, and good luck in the field.

Lyle C.

Lyle,

Like I said during my presentation, I have been married for 40 years; so I am pretty much use to be ignored. :lol: Our first Grandbaby, Rhett is the only thing my wife cares about.

Doc

Just an addition to my earlier post- I forgot to mention Doc... sorry 'bout that Doc.

Lyle

Doc,

Thanks for your contributions to the Minelab opening and the prospecting community in general.

Jonathan,

That is some fine-looking gold and kiddos. Glad to see they're getting in on the act.

All the best Down Under, and may I get to meet you in person some day on a gold tour!

kelly

• Admin

Hey Doug,

I noticed on the list of links you showed, my Nuggethuting.com forums are listed under AZO's URL twice. Take a gander and you will see. You like to stir the pot here and I can't even get a reach around on your forum with a good link! :o:lol::P

Really, any chance you can fix that I would appreciate it.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Doug you remind me of someone we get on our forums :wacko: Im an experienced and pro detectoriist but im new to the 5000 and it is real easy to get used to, even when run hot as in full wack and noisy, its so smoooooth on the sigs and the real fainties and tells hardly any lies, and wow is it deep, yes ive only used it for relic in the uk, but the real test for me will be in oct for the yellow stuff.

If anybody would like ile put a 5000 beginners field test on here when ive ended my hunt for the Nevada gold, ive got the fever, i just need the gold :rolleyes:

Here we go again..... When the 4000 came out, Doug said that the smooth timing would not perform well. :spank: :spank:

When the 4500 came out Doug reckoned that it was a dud too, until he was forced to concede that it wasn't, so he started bagging ML for letting detectors get sold in Sudan.

Now, he is trying to speculate on the new timings on the 5000.

Doug, you would probably have slightly more credibility if you kept your mouth shut for once in a while....... :huh::huh::glare::blink::wacko::spank:

• Admin

Hello All,

I'm not sure what Doug's intensions really are, but I believe I was hearing about the QED back when the GPX4000 was out. Hell, two years have passed with the GPX4500 and now the GPX5000 and I've yet to see the QED. I would just like to see the damn unit and stop hearing about it. Makes me think of the Finder's Titan Project if you remember that. :rolleyes:

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

Thank you, and thank you for your posts on GPOZ.

Why did you bother to join and to post GPOZ? Did I ever censor/delete any of your posts there?

You never complained about links to posts other forums on GPOZ so I find your present attitude about links to AMD on my new forum somewhat mystifying!!

Some folk have said to me that you would a great person to test some new detectors but I guess we can now forget about that now!

anyway all the best,

doug

First off, how about you answer a question for once? What is your legal name? Why would anyone named Marshall want to be known as Doug? Mine is Stephen Herschbach. I have nothing to hide.

Well now, since you asked. I do not like how you operate and I guess when you get down to it I do not like you. I mistakenly joined your old forum but after a short while I tired of the chest beating and anti-Minelab rhetoric. But I guess where I really got irritated was the way in which you and your cronies treat Jonathan Porter. JP is a credit to the industry. He has great knowledge and shares it freely via the Internet. When he shares, I listen. I selfishly think of him as a resource of great value, and so anyone who tries to drive him away is working against my self interest. But beyond that, even though I have never met the man, I think of him as a friend.

I am an old fashioned Alaskan. Piss on my friends, you are pissing on me. I do not have the patience of Rob or Chris Ralph or even JP when it comes to people like you. I try to give the benefit of the doubt but once I in my own slow way figure out where you are coming from I am happy to draw the lines. Doug, Marshall, whoever you are, you have become a joke. When the 5000 came out we all were taking bets as to when you would chime in with a negative comment. It is your forte. You have not disappointed.

We need to bring back shunning. People like you thrive on attention. You should be ignored. I want no mention of me or anything relating to me on your forum. I can back that. And I will never respond to your BS again. Have a nice life.

Steve Herschbach

It's so nice when you have a location that pays the goods with a new model, there is nothing more empowering than finding out straight away your new detector is an improvement. I spoke with a guy last night who has done a similar thing, well and truly paying for his GPX 5000 in his first trip away (trip was about 3 weeks in length).

JP,

If that's the guy I'm thinking of, he sold his modified 2000 that had been modded several times in the 11 years he'd owned it (something I never expected to see happen) and bought a 5000 from me. It was his first new Minelab detector and it was paid for by going over his old 2000 patches with his partner using a modded 2000. The 5000 whipped the older machine in the numbers tally by a factor of 8 or so and in the weight stakes easily as well. When he gets to grips with what the settings on this unfamiliar to him machine do, then look out. Is he happy with the new machine? What do you reckon? Cheers.

Steve,

If you wish I will remove the link to the forum because I RESPECT you and your opinions even though we have never met or conversed with each other.

If Marshall D. Pardonmee wants it removed then he can %$&^()*^(*&U*_((*%U&(*).

Archived