What Headpones do you like for GPX ? Why ?

I use the Black Widows for their noise cancelling abilities. The headphones that come with the detector will do just fine,as they work well.

OOOPS Sorry (didnt realise this was a GPX users only thread), I dont have a GPX5000 , so my opinion must be disregarded...never mind :rolleyes:

What phones do you recommend ?

I have a pair of Black Widows and a pair of Grey Ghost. I use the Grey Ghost most of the time but the BW's seem to work better for me in high winds. I have not tried the Nugget Busters but have heard they are good phones.

Bunk

Kelly everything is field repairable if you have the capabilities. Usually its the crossover wiring from the main lead that shorts in them so if your capable you can repair them in the back of your truck buddy. Good luck an Hapy Huntn.

Like others, I use and have used Black Widows for years...I tried the Koss that came with my 4500 and they were OK, but don't really come close to the BW's .. One concern, tho', is that you can't hear a rattler when you're wearing them...At least I have had several instances where I had to see the rattler before I could hear it... BW's are the best in wind but do require getting used to how tight they fit... Cheers, Unc

Like others, I use and have used Black Widows for years...I tried the Koss that came with my 4500 and they were OK, but don't really come close to the BW's .. One concern, tho', is that you can't hear a rattler when you're wearing them...At least I have had several instances where I had to see the rattler before I could hear it... BW's are the best in wind but do require getting used to how tight they fit... Cheers, Unc

The solution to that problem with all dual-volume headphones is to only put one ear cup on your right ear with the appropriate volume. Then leave the other ear cup off of your left ear(just so the ear pad is not covering your ear canal, the pad a little above your ear canal, or a little to the front or back whatever is comfortable) with the volume turned completely turned off. Then you can hear outside noises with your left ear.

Minelab X-Terra Forum

Headphones?????

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1346648

"Both of the Gray Ghosts you have(Originals & NDT), have a permanent built in sound Limiter.

Ultimate Gray Ghosts and Black Widow have a Limiter on/off Switch.

Where the Nugget Busters and Nugget Busters NDT have no Limiting circuitry.

(I cannot see any point for having no Limiting circuitry or any advantage at all in Nugget Hunting? Because it does not help a person listen for small nuggets any better and it only blocks out very loud sound blasts from very large nuggets or big pieces of trash.)"

Archived