Where in the World is Doc ?

Hi Guys and Gals,

I know you fellow prospectors like to play around with maps and Google earth.

Well just for a little while, about 11 days actually, I am going to take you on a little secret adventure with me. You see, it's secret because I was told I could not tell anyone where I was going until after I had actually arrived at my final destination.

But this will give you folks some time to go crazy with speculation! I will be carrying a SPOT 2 GPS Navigational Positioning beacon that will, from time to time, show you where I am when I ping the satellite.

So you can start off by clicking on this link to see where I was last: Every time you click on the link and go to the page, be sure and refresh the page to see the latest location.

Where the Hell is Doc?

Don't worry! When I come back I will have lots of pictures and videos to chronicle this adventure. The attached picture pretty much says it all!

Remember to BCOT! I will!

Doc

By the Way, when you go to the page, which includes a map of the pings; on the left side will be a list of the pings. In front of each is + sign.

If you click on the plus sign it will show you the Lat Long Coordinates.

Doc

Hey Doc,

It's appears that you are/were just leaving the Frankfurt International airport in Germany, and maybe at a gas station/hotel/restaurant or just driving by.

Now I'm trying to figure out what your adventure is!!! :unsure:

How was the TSA body search when boarding your flight??? :girl:

Skip

I was thinking about the construction site as being connected as well, but the picture Doc posted with the text didn't seem to be connected to the construction site....

"Because an adventure like this doesn't come around everyday"..."We all have reason to celebrate an annual event that will not be held again for eleven years, what's yours"

The last part is in itself is a bit confusing as an annual event should be held every year, but as quoted it says that it will not be held again for eleven years??? :blink: :blink: :unsure: :unsure:

Skip

Well, Doc & All, my first WAG was a special viewing of the total lunar eclipse on Dec. 21, but the time frame doesn't sound right with the fact that the best place to view it will be North America...Fun game, Doc...Looking forward to the next clue..Cheers, Unc

Disregard the small print, it was the headline that I thought was appropriate. (This is not an annual event, it was just the "Because an adventure like this doesn't come around everyday" That I thought was "spot on." As the Aussies would say.

Doc

I was thinking about the construction site as being connected as well, but the picture Doc posted with the text didn't seem to be connected to the construction site....

"Because an adventure like this doesn't come around everyday"..."We all have reason to celebrate an annual event that will not be held again for eleven years, what's yours"

The last part is in itself is a bit confusing as an annual event should be held every year, but as quoted it says that it will not be held again for eleven years??? :blink: :blink: :unsure: :unsure:

Skip

The construction site isn't there anymore, that must be a very old satellite shot. Use Google Earth and punch in the coordinates.

Here is what is located at that spot now, and it also provides a clue...

Doc

Skip

GOLD Seeker.... very good! I was at a gas station! By the way, gas here is 1.85 EURO per liter, and a EURO is 1.89 X 140% for American Dollars. About 4 liters to the gallon. So that makes gas around $10.65 U.S. a gallon. When you have to pay $2.80 a gallon in the states we should fall down and kiss the gas pump.

I had no issues with TSA, the body screening is used randomly. I just did the regular walk through metal scanning like everyone has to do. They were extremely interested in one piece of electronic equipment I had in my carry on however, and made me take it out so it could be swabbed and tested for explosives. Ironic in that this equipment in a different model is used to find explosives. (You should all know what that piece of equipment is.)

Great job Gold Seeker! Where oh where will I show up next. You will know in approximately 18 hours as I will ping the SAT again. Or (CLUE) you could see PAGE 1.

:D

BCOT

Doc

Hey Doc,

It's appears that you are/were just leaving the Frankfurt International airport in Germany, and maybe at a gas station/hotel/restaurant or just driving by.

Now I'm trying to figure out what your adventure is!!! :unsure:

How was the TSA body search when boarding your flight??? :girl:

Skip

GOLD Seeker.... very good! I was at a gas station! By the way, gas here is 1.85 EURO per liter, and a EURO is 1.89 X 140% for American Dollars. About 4 liters to the gallon. So that makes gas around $10.65 U.S. a gallon. When you have to pay $2.80 a gallon in the states we should fall down and kiss the gas pump.

I had no issues with TSA, the body screening is used randomly. I just did the regular walk through metal scanning like everyone has to do. They were extremely interested in one piece of electronic equipment I had in my carry on however, and made me take it out so it could be swabbed and tested for explosives. Ironic in that this equipment in a different model is used to find explosives. (You should all know what that piece of equipment is.)

Great job Gold Seeker! Where oh where will I show up next. You will know in approximately 18 hours as I will ping the SAT again. Or (CLUE) you could see PAGE 1.

:D

BCOT

Doc

I just got a feeling this has something to do with a gold rush we have been hearing about for the last couple of years.

Bunk

Hey everyone, and especially you Bunk check the map at the link below for my latest SAT PING ! Good work Bunk!

Where in the hell is Doc ?

You probably will not be hearing from me any longer via internet because there will be no internet where I am going, but you can still track me as I travel around the Gold Fields of North Sudan! Pictures and videos will come when I get back!

BCOT!

Doc

Thanks Doc! Today was the first time I had looked at Sudan on the world map, looks like it could be a pretty rough neck of the woods! I am sure you will get those guys lined out and they will find even bigger nuggets, deeper! Again, have a safe trip.

Bunk

We are going to be going towards the Red Sea around Kassala, and up North and then east of Batar. There is also a very intriguing looking place that I found on the satellite pictures that look interesting. In particular, look on Google maps at 16.41.34.64 North by 31.04.28.52 east and zoom in real tight. This area looks highly mineralized and it looks as if there is large amounts of quartz???? I have already checked and they have never been to this area it is virgin. What do you guys think?

Doc

We are going to be going towards the Red Sea around Kassala, and up North and then east of Batar. There is also a very intriguing looking place that I found on the satellite pictures that look interesting. In particular, look on Google maps at 16.41.34.64 North by 31.04.28.52 east and zoom in real tight. This area looks highly mineralized and it looks as if there is large amounts of quartz???? I have already checked and they have never been to this area it is virgin. What do you guys think?

Doc

Hi DOC, Google Earth worked for the cords and that spot looks like a winner from above. Hope that the white material is quartz and not another type of mineral. No visable roads. Take a couple extra tires. We're all rooting for you. As you would say BCOT. John

Archived