Where in the World is Doc ?

Doc,

Checked out you prospective spot and found a interesting old lake 8 mi SW that breached its banks to

the East before drying up. See 16.205057, 30.562922.

The area you have been detecting looks like a push. Does it smell different there?

It is very cool to follow your adventure this way. Thank You!

New Beeper

We are going to be going towards the Red Sea around Kassala, and up North and then east of Batar. There is also a very intriguing looking place that I found on the satellite pictures that look interesting. In particular, look on Google maps at 16.41.34.64 North by 31.04.28.52 east and zoom in real tight. This area looks highly mineralized and it looks as if there is large amounts of quartz???? I have already checked and they have never been to this area it is virgin. What do you guys think?

Doc

Looked it over, could also be evaporites: selenite, gypsum, etc. I bumped up the contour relief in google earth and at 3x elevation exaggeration it still looks pretty flat. Of course then I did a comparison with Rye Patch, and it also it difficult to tell whether the white is quartz or salts on the map, maybe there's a good chance since it lies at the base of some hills.

• Admin

Hello All,

Received email from Doc. He is still in Sudan, but mentioned he caught a cold sleeping in a vehicle when it was like 30-40 degrees at night. :( He mentioned he has tons of pictures to post, so I will let him tell the remainder part of the story. :ph34r:

Lets just say Coiltek will be the choice of searchcoils for a long time after this trip! :wub:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Here's just a little tidbit to hold you over. Guys the big gold is gone at the sites these folks are working, and they do not understand the concept of prospecting. There are a million and one places I saw that screamed gold, but the Sudan prospectors know nothing about geology.

They don't understand that just because a spot appears to be flat, there are tell tale signs that there was once a quartz reef that had deteriorated.

Anyway here is a video. Everything was shot in High Def. So it takes a while to load.

I leave to come back tonight, Sunday night. It will take me 28 hours to get back.

Doc

Archived