looking for new detector, need help!

hi i have been looking to up grade to and new detcetor for the past month. my only problem is i can not figure out which one would be best for where i will be using it. this january i am going to nevada to hunt for gold and need a better detector to do so. i have been looking at the gold bug pro and the gold bug 2 but i dont know if one is better than the other or will detect deeper. any info will help!

thanks,

hunter

If you're going to be hunting in northern nevada and your price range is still 1200 I would still recommend looking for a used gp extreme, or a gp-3000. There are extremes and 3000's around for 1200 if you look around a bit. The wet ground in northern nevada in the winter time will make a vlf machine very noisy. Even the minelabs generate quite a bit of noise in the wet ground there. With the way this winter has started i would bet money the ground will be wet all winter just a few inches below the surface. If you really want one of the gold bugs I would recommend the bug 2. The gold bug pro works well enough but the bug 2 has proven itself many times and found me pounds of gold. If don't run into anything with a minelab and i'm not going to go home from nevada without a piece of gold i'll take the bug 2 out for a few hours just to get a small one to go home with.

Archived