Pocket Rocket & 4500?

• Admin

Hey Uncle Ron,

If it's a Pocket Rocket for the GPX4000, then yes you can. The only problem is you will loose the amplification that the stock GPX4500 battery will give you. If you use a GPX4000 Pocket Rocket, I would recommend a Goldscreamer Signal Enhancer.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Yo Rob...What I have is the Pocket Rocket I got from you with the two levels of voltage output, 6 V. and 7.2 V. ...Plus I also got from you the Screamer enhancer ... So does that mean I can use them and, if so, what voltage switch? ...Cheers, Unc

Ron,

It's hard to believe you upgraded! The only difference is the powercord, your older machine probably has a 4 prong end and the GPX's have a 5 prong. Maybe Radio Shack can help, just set your Pocket Rocket to the 7.3, they are the same batteries. Good luck and talk to you soon,

LuckyLundy

It was recently discussed here that you could fry the pre amp on your 4500 by running a battery without an amp, if the headphones impedance is too low. So probably a good idea to get the external amp like Rob said.

Hi Uncle Ron

If I remember correctly Rob explained to me that

7.4 is not enough voltage, the pock Rocket for the

4000series actually supplies about 7.8v. Maybe Rob

will chime in on this one.

Regards

Herb

I don't think your info is correct Wes, We should be safe using the pocket rocket without an amp.

Is the response your citing from Bill in the deleted bluetooth thread? I think that was specific to "home made battery systems".

Hopefully someone with tech knowledge will respond,

From what I understand audio from the detector is one way out only. Just a WAG but, if it would hurt anything it would be the speakers. The tipoff would be distortion of the sound. The smoke would be in your ears not the detector :)

If you'd like to read more, visit this great website Sound on Sound.

understanding impedance

I don't think your info is correct Wes, We should be safe using the pocket rocket without an amp.

Is the response your citing from Bill in the deleted bluetooth thread? I think that was specific to "home made battery systems".

Hopefully someone with tech knowledge will respond,

From what I understand audio from the detector is one way out only. Just a WAG but, if it would hurt anything it would be the speakers. The tipoff would be distortion of the sound. The smoke would be in your ears not the detector :)

If you'd like to read more, visit this great website Sound on Sound.

understanding impedance

Chris, Bill stated the headphones or speaker on a 4500 need to go through a amp, otherwise the internal preamp will burn up, as the 4500 has its amp in the battery, unlike the earlier models. I wouldnt think it makes a difference who made the battery.

Maybe someone can confirm if this is true...

Well thank you all for your responses, but I am completely confused... Can I use my pocket rocket and doc's signal enhancer on my 4500 or not? ... Rick, Yep, I upgraded from my old Baboo 2100 and am sort of impressed, but can't say it is anything better but smoother in threshold...The settings cause me to pay more attention to aspects of operation, but I'm not sure that the 4500 is really a better detector, with the caveat that training one's ear for ten years in one mode does give a certain advantage ... Cheers, Unc

You need Rob to chime in, I still think if the pocket rocket you have now, is off your 2100, you could use it as long as you get the gender benders off ROB, Be cause a 2100 has only a 4 prong connector and the 4000-4500's have a 5 prong connector, so you need the gender benders. Grubstake

Thats why they made them.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Hopefully this information will help you. Keep in mind, the original Coiltek Pocket Rocket Systems for the SD or GP series have two voltage settings, 6.7 & 7.3 volts. This allows you to run your SD, which is non-regulated at a higher voltage than stock. This higher voltage will increase the magnetic field a bit, helping out with better overall stability (audio, sensitivity and depth).

That being said, the Pocket Rocket System for the GPX4000, is a bit different. The GPX series if you have noticed will not perform at 7.3 volts, this is actually where they will turn off. The GPX series (4000, 4500, 4800 & 5000) run at 8.2 - 8.3 volts max, with a low range of 7.2 -7.3 before the shut down.

Below are both systems, the new Goldscreamer Power Pack and the Coiltek Pocket Rocket System -

Goldscreamer Power Pack for Minelab GPX series (4500, 4800 & 5000)Your Price - $469.00

dscn1405.jpg

Coiltek Pocket Rocket System for Minelab GPX4000 or SD/GP systems

I always have all systems in stock at all times.

Goldscreamer Power Pack - $469.00

Coiltek Pocket Rocket System - $326.00

Call today to order either system. I will include a "$25.00 Bonus Bucks" & FREE shipping/insurance if you purchase before Christmas. :o

Rob Allison

So UNc...after all that, the question still remains....................

"Well thank you all for your responses, but I am completely confused... Can I use my pocket rocket and doc's signal enhancer on my 4500 or not?"

Yes or no is soooooooooooooo very hard to find........

happy holidays

fred

ps I say no...from the 4500 on you need the newer model

Archived