Any recommendations on Video Editing Software?

I have over 400 video clips from my trip to N. Sudan.

I would like to edit them into a cohesive story via editing. I just don't know what the best editor is. I would like to be able to add music, narration, insert pictures etc.

There is a vast untapped resource over there, but the local prospectors now little about how to go looking for it. They have no idea of the Geology behind the distribution and dissemination of placer deposits, and so they all go to the same places everyone else has gone to find gold.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doc

Hi Doc.

Glad to hear your trip went well.

There are two recommendations I can give you for video editing.

Sony Vegas 10 or Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

These will enable you to do everything you require.

Another option is to send the film to me and I would gladly edit for you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Merry Christmas

Gary

Thank you Gary for the very generous offer. I want to take this opportunity to try to learn one of this video editing packages, and there is no better time to do it than now.

Videos are so helpful for new prospectors, and very entertaining for the ol' pros. They provide an ongoing resource of knowledge for generations of prospectors to come.

People like yourself, and Jonathan Porter are really the pioneers in bringing us quality videos that provide a wealth of information.

Your Minelab Owners Television site is fantastic and I really enjoy it immensely.

I have considered some of the less expensive video editing programs, but I know all too well that they will probably not do what I want them to, and in the end I will probably end up buying a more feature rich program. So I might as well start off with VEGAS Sony or something on the higher end.

Thanks!

Doc

Hi Doc.

Glad to hear your trip went well.

There are two recommendations I can give you for video editing.

Sony Vegas 10 or Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

These will enable you to do everything you require.

Another option is to send the film to me and I would gladly edit for you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Merry Christmas

Gary

G'day DOC, I'm at the airport in Adelaide at the moment so have to be brief. I would recommend Edius Neo or Edius 6 for your needs as they can edit AVCHD natively in real time without having to transcode. Edius takes full advantage of your CPU allowing real time editing without having to render and is very stable.

Hope this helps,

JP

Archived