Sudan Map with GPS coordinates of Gold Fields

You guys always jokingly ask for the GPS co-ordinates of where gold was found, well here are the coordinates of three major gold fields. Especially Stop 2 and Stop 3.

Stop 3 is where the gold rush in the Sudan officially started. It is about 50 to 70 miles South of the Egyptian border.

Punch these coordinates into Google Maps and zoom in. Google Maps seems to have a little better maps than does Google Earth.

The most recent video I posted to YouTube talking about contact zones was filmed at our First Stop.

Have fun!

Doc

• Like 1

A couple of the likely areas I pointed out to them for exploration are in exact areas indicated on the map. I did see greenschist in areas that I thought looked really promising.

Very interesting Chris, thanks!

Doc

• 4 months later...

Hi Bob -

There is no question that this same set of gold bearing rocks (geologists would call it a terrain) extends north and south of Sudan. I'm suprised there hasnt been more work done in southern Egypt, but in talking a bit with DOC at the Vegas show, I think there is still plenty of ground left to explore in Sudan as well.

If there were a single one of them I felt safe in, I'd travel there to explore. For now, I am sticking with the Western US and Australia.

Oh and by the way, congrats on the nice nugget!

Chris

Hi Patrick,

yes greenshicht or greenstone gold does occur in some places in Arizona. However far too many guys see a green colored rock and just assume its greenstone or greenschist - and 90% of the time its not. There are all kinds of green colored rocks that are not what you are looking for.

Chris

Its hard to identify stuff with good pictures, but cell phone stuff - well cell phones are phones, not cameras.

Its certainly not geenstone or greenschist. Kind of looks like some kind of quartz vein with copper staining.

Like I said, a lot of guys see a green colored rock and just assume its greenstone or greenschist - and 90% of the time its not. There are all kinds of green colored rocks that are not what you are looking for.

Here is a link to some photos of greenschist with visible gold.

http://www1.newark.ohio-state.edu/Professional/OSU/Faculty/jstjohn/Gold-Ores/Homestake-Gold-Ore.htm

Chris

• 2 years later...
  • Admin

Hey Chris,

I have had a few guys email me asking about that Sudan guide you wrote or made up? I met with Steve H. today here in Arizona for a few hours and mentioned it to him. I didn't know anything about it, until I got a few emails and Steve said you wrote something. Are they still available, if so, I can refer a few email to you.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Rob - Sorry I never saw this sooner.

I actually did a Sudan map and guide about February of this year - it was given privately to the big metal detector outfit in Dubai that sells First Texas products as well as Minelab. The information even identified areas in the new country of South Sudan - split off from Sudan after years of conflict and civil war.

I've also done up a guide to detecting in West Africa - Fisher / Fist Texas has it - don't know what they intend to do with it. I need to check with them and get an update.

They are finding lots of gold all over Africa. lots of rich places that have never seen a detector.

post-9-0-96302600-1402375641_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...