Good winter?

They say the couple of storms that are suppose to come through my area are going to melt a lot of snow below 7000 feet and produce a lot more above it. With the ground saturated it's suppose to go right to the rivers and streams. Some weather places are also saying that we might have an amount of water like previous record floods.

Could it be a winter with water levels like in the picture of the confluence in Auburn I posted a while back? If so I'll be out early spring with my sluice box! ;)

8322730.jpg

Forecast for Sunday certainly leaves open that possibility. From the weather service's webpage:

AN IMPRESSIVE WINTER STORM WILL CONTINUE AS A STRONG JET STREAM

PUSHES ABUNDANT PACIFIC MOISTURE INTO THE REGION. URBAN AND SMALL

STREAM FLOODING WILL BE POSSIBLE MAINLY BELOW 6000 FEET.

The Sierra Express..... lots of moisture from Hawaii meeting up with cold arctic air from that jetstream sucking it down from The Bearing Sea...... Drove across the Foresthill Bridge yesterday and the rivers are running pretty good. Just fries me to say dredging does damage after seeing those rivers like that.... and they are just high, not really flooding.

..." Just fries me to say dredging does damage after seeing those rivers like that..."

Steve,

You are so right. It is mind-blowing how dumb that kind of thinking is

compared to what a week-long storm or a good snow run-off can do to the rivers.

I would have a good laugh if it weren't so sad.

I sure miss dredging...

Flak

Archived