Coiltek Gold Stalker or Nugget Finder Advantage

Coiltek Gold Stalker or Nugget Finder Advantage  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer given the same size, shape etc.

• Coiltek Gold Stalker
    • Nugget Finder Advantage

Hi all..... this topic has been discussed on a few boards both here in North America and over in Australia. I own a 20" Nugget Finder SL coil and a 18" x 12" Coiltek Gold Stalker.... I've heard people say that the NF was quieter when it comes to EMI and a bit better for under 1.0 gram nuggets and I've heard that the Gold Stalker was a bit sharper on the response yet had some bump and general noise issues. I seem to recall a post by Montana Bob about that being an issue for him, maybe I'm mistaken. (I've also seen a YouTube video of a guy having to take his Gold Stalker apart to fix loose wiring to eliminate bump falsing).

While I understand that this board is sponsored by a Coiltek dealer, my question is this.... given the same size, shape, config etc.... which coil have you used out of these two brands and which one do you prefer. What was your experience with each.

I'm considering selling my Gold Stalker and replacing it with a Nugget Finder Advantage of the same shape, size, config (possibly go to a 16" or 18" round instead of elliptical). Mainly for a bit quieter threshold, EMI etc.

I also have Commanders so no need to say " skip both and get a Commander", I'm seeking input on these two brands only. :) And no need to point me towards Doc's EMI reducing battery system, I'm familiar with it but thanks. :)

Note: Current machine of use is the GPX-4500

Thanks all for your input.

Jen

Jennifer

I am sure I am not telling you anything when I say that the opinions of people with wildly varied experience

working in vastly different geological areas is only a hugely aproximate way to get an

idea of "what is better".

My experience mirrors what we all read generally

both here and in Oz where I see you frequently on forums also;

The flavors of the month are NF Advantage and Commander coils.

They are generally thought to be slightly better than Coiltek right now.

I agree with that,

but there are tons of people who will heartily disagree with that statement.

In the end if your are good at what you are doing,

you will not miss much gold with any of them.

Also when the coil technology is so close your experience with dealers comes sharply into focus.

I have had a few vastly different experiences with dealers and coils going bad,

one brialliant one not. When things are so tight with pricing, technology and function,

if something goes wrong

this dealer connection will have a very important role to play.

(all this imho)

fwiw

Happy Holidays

Flak

Jennifer

I am sure I am not telling you anything when I say that the opinions of people with wildly varied experience

working in vastly different geological areas is only a hugely aproximate way to get an

idea of "what is better".

Hi Flak, I agree that's why I asked "which do people prefer" not "which is better" :)

Thank you for your valued input, I agree re dealer and manufacturer support being key.

Merry Christmas

Jen

jennifer;

you might want to contact Mark Hyde of gold prospecting in australia,concerning his experiences with both brands mentioned and others...

(i am not interested in starting any coil wars)

When i was in Oz I used the new 16 round-mono gold stalker and thought it was stable and sensitive...I did not experience any of the falsing like earlier coiltec coils from yesteryear...this was using Marks 4500...

I also used my 14-e mono nuggetfinder on my 3500 and found it stable and sensitive; it found my smallest and last nugget of the halls creek tour for me...I do wish I had bought the solid 14-e rather than the open-web...I don't like the way it hangs on rocks and sticks...

bottom line is so far I would be happy with either one and from my limited experience see no big difference...

fred

(i am not interested in starting any coil wars)

Nor am I, I'm looking for feedback on personal experiences and a coil "discussion".

When i was in Oz I used the new 16 round-mono gold stalker and thought it was stable and sensitive...I did not experience any of the falsing like earlier coiltec coils from yesteryear...this was using Marks 4500...

I also used my 14-e mono nuggetfinder on my 3500 and found it stable and sensitive; it found my smallest and last nugget of the halls creek tour for me...I do wish I had bought the solid 14-e rather than the open-web...I don't like the way it hangs on rocks and sticks...

bottom line is so far I would be happy with either one and from my limited experience see no big difference...

fred

Thanks for the input Fred, it's much appreciated.

Jennifer

• Admin

Hey Jen,

I can't speak for Nuggetfinder, I've always been a Coiltek fan. Coiltek has always taken care of me and my customers without questions, so I have no reason to look at anything else. I've been very successful using Coiltek products since the first versions, finding very dinky gold down to under a grain in size with the GP and GPX series and hundreds of 2-3 grain sized nuggets with the SD series.

To be honest, I think it's all about preference. They both are great coil manufactuers and it's like splitting hairs to say with one will find something different smaller or deeper. There are too many other variables that others overlook when it comes to finding gold.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Hey Jen,

I can't speak for Nuggetfinder, I've always been a Coiltek fan. Coiltek has always taken care of me and my customers without questions, so I have no reason to look at anything else. I've been very successful using Coiltek products since the first versions, finding very dinky gold down to under a grain in size with the GP and GPX series and hundreds of 2-3 grain sized nuggets with the SD series.

To be honest, I think it's all about preference. They both are great coil manufactuers and it's like splitting hairs to say with one will find something different smaller or deeper. There are too many other variables that others overlook when it comes to finding gold.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob, I've always loved your videos and seeing you swing a big Gold Stalker elliptical similar to mine and I've seen you do some magical stuff with it.. that's for sure, especially on those bedrock videos.

Thank you for the input.

Jen

• Admin

Hey Jen,

Thanks for the comments on the Youtube videos. I have a bunch more that I'm getting ready to upload, some with some very nice nuggets being found. I also have some others of new GPX customers finding their first gold nuggets.

Regardless of the poll results so far, my customers are kicking ass and taking names with Coiltek coils. The most important is getting out there and getting where gold is, the rest is second. You can't find gold with the best equipment if the gold isn't there, if that makes any sense.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank you all for your feedback on this discussion.... since it started I have sold my Coiltek 18" x 12" elliptical, purchased a 14" x 9" Nugget Finder Advantage Elliptical and am in the process of purchasing an 18" round Nugget Finder.

Thank you all again for your input.

Jennifer

I wanted to thank you all for your feedback on this discussion.... since it started I have sold my Coiltek 18" x 12" elliptical, purchased a 14" x 9" Nugget Finder Advantage Elliptical and am in the process of purchasing an 18" round Nugget Finder.

Thank you all again for your input.

Jennifer

Hope you find some gold with them. All coils can find gold if their operator knows how to use them.

Cheers.

Archived