archie lobb

hello all, any of you arizona residents ever heard of a fella named archie lobb. well my mom just pulled out some old photos and newspaper clippings of him bout a yr ago and was showing me some interesting stuff. its listing him as a big production miner. one of the first in arizonas history big mines or something. gonna have her dig it back out in couple days. well hes my great grannys brother. was just curious if anyone ever heard of him or knew anything on his history.she had alot of stuff and when she digs it back out ill take some copies and post it here.

john

hello all, any of you arizona residents ever heard of a fella named archie lobb. well my mom just pulled out some old photos and newspaper clippings of him bout a yr ago and was showing me some interesting stuff. its listing him as a big production miner. one of the first in arizonas history big mines or something. gonna have her dig it back out in couple days. well hes my great grannys brother. was just curious if anyone ever heard of him or knew anything on his history.she had alot of stuff and when she digs it back out ill take some copies and post it here.

john

There is a Lobb ave in Supiorer, any conection?

Bunk

There is a Lobb ave in Supiorer, any conection?

Bunk

im not sure, she had a bunch of newspaper articles and couple old magazines with the story on him,when she hets back from washington in couple days ill have her dig it back up. supposedly, if i remember correct, he was the first or one of the first settlers there to mine and get famous or strike it.she will be home in couple days.id like to re read it again.it just didnt dawn on me til other day.and of coarse,shes out of town lol.yes in superior that street is named after him, i do beleive he was the founder of the silver king mine.im looking at some ancestry articles and thats what its saying, also ties in with jesse james ,which also she has family portraits of,jesse,frank,mattie,and few others in the james famioly.im related to them as well, i remember a writer came and took copies and all the stuff for a book.my mom was passed all this down from my grannie who is related by blood,also she married red simpsons brother the singer, bill simpson.he too was a prospector.

john

Wow John, I would sure like to know more about his history with the Silver King mine! That is kinda home turf for both Teri and I. I know the folks real well that hold the Silver King these days.The Silver King, these days. Real shame that vandels burned the remaining buildings, from the old days, a few years back.

Bunk

post-28833-129419363074_thumb.jpg

Wow John, I would sure like to know more about his history with the Silver King mine! That is kinda home turf for both Teri and I. I know the folks real well that hold the Silver King these days.The Silver King, these days. Real shame that vandels burned the remaining buildings, from the old days, a few years back.

Bunk

is thgere anyway you could ask them about the lobbs having anything to do with the silverking, i beleive one of the family members got a lawyer and claimed all rites and it cut out the rest of the family quite few years ago.if im not mistaken.its something im gonna find out,my mom has old confederate notes and some other types of money, that ya have to sign when you spend it from the 1800's. has some of the james family signitures on them, i beleive one is signed by frank. she has pictures of the james boys when they was kids,and alot of the family.ill dig alot of that up when she breaks out her boxes.shes a picture nut.

john

Real shame that vandels burned the remaining buildings, from the old days, a few years back.

Bunk

well, was it vandals or possibly some of the family that got screwed on the mineral rights through the filings and courts that was pissed off lol. guess there is more than meets the eye on this subject.

john

Real shame that vandels burned the remaining buildings, from the old days, a few years back.

Bunk

well, was it vandals or possibly some of the family that got screwed on the mineral rights through the filings and courts that was pissed off lol. guess there is more than meets the eye on this subject.

john

I think it was in the eaarly

80's that the buildings were burned and it seems to me the paper said it was kids out partying. I have not seen any of the family that holds it now for a couple of years as we moved away.

Bunk

well, i was just guessing. lol. but here are some pics i found.its the same lobbs as my family.ive seen these pics in person. my mom has some simular.

pic 4, archie lobb, minnie lobb,george n. lobb,dick lobb,superior az. 1905

pick 3, lobb boys, silverking az, dick lobb, archie lobb,george n lobb 1896

pick 2, archi lobb,wife mattie and 2 children 1920

pick 1 lobb store, superior az. richard trevethan,archie lobb,bert thomas,john trvethan, george n. lobb 1907

im going nuts now trying to figure out what that newspaper article said, i beleive it was about my great uncle archie lobb something to do with being the first settler and miner in arizona or something to do with the silverking mine. hes a legend or somethinglol.pics came out backwards lol

john

post-423-129419771523_thumb.jpg

post-423-129419786033_thumb.jpg

post-423-129419828866_thumb.jpg

post-423-129419831231_thumb.jpg

Bunk

wow, womder if they will give me permission to nugget hunt them hills lol bet there some nuggs floating around them

john

ok all, she is back and loaded me with a grip of pics and newspaper articles.ill definately need some time to go over all this and take some pics.i need to get better camera as my cell phone doesnt take that great pics.my great grandparents were archie lobb and mattie james.frank and jessie james sister.i have a family tree in front of me that shows alot of stuff.ill figure some of this out.i have a article showing richard lobb as the longest living person in superior. way too much her right now.need to go over some of this stuff and see whats going on.

john

• 11 years later...