Garett AT pro

no, lots of bullets and nails, I don't think I gave it a fair chance, but it didn't seem to go to deep. I want to upgrade to something better, been using sluice box again for now(always come home with a little gold)

see ya

Dean

Dean, did you ever find anything with your MXT?...I see you're selling it...

ae you still selling the mxt? i have an uncle who is getting into prospecting, he is a bit over weight and loves the fact that he can get a little exercise and do something thats interesting at same time. we are looking for another mxt or a gold bug 2 or something great for a beginner to start with.

john

ae you still selling the mxt? i have an uncle who is getting into prospecting, he is a bit over weight and loves the fact that he can get a little exercise and do something thats interesting at same time. we are looking for another mxt or a gold bug 2 or something great for a beginner to start with.

john

sorry it just sold today. check ebay, you can someimes get some good deals. still wondering about the Garrett AT pro, it seems similar to the MXT and is completely water proof up to ten feet, saw some vidoes on youtube seems to have good depth and discrimnation.

Dean

At Pro does not have a thershold sound. It is silent search only. It is waterproof and retains its settings when turned off.It has a I think 3 or 4 differant coils.

The GoldBugPro on the other hand is 19khz (better for small gold) and has a thershold sound. But only the coil and rod waterproof and the machine does not retain its settings when turned off.Also only two coils so far-5" and 11" also only DD coils work with this machine(designed only for DD).

I need a therhold sound on my detector-can't stand ones without. My personal choice. I was looking into a whites GMZ also but it 2 does not have a thershold-what is with that? It's suppose to be a nugget hunitng machine but with silent search(lame).

I will buying buying the newgoldbug.I also had a mxt and did not like it.It would be great for gold detecting but I also found it lacked depth.

I never dug anything over 7'.I know others have success with mxt and I prefer white's machine's,but not the mxt I had,might have been bad unit.

The goldbugpro is getting awesome reviews and has awesome depth.Amazing iron seperation-runnig circels on the minelabs in high iron junk infested area's.

Just another option-not like the ATPRO is not a good machine-it may be real good at larger,deeper-nuggets,but as far as smaller gold the goldbugpro would have it beat.I would like to see someone prove me wrong.Im not sure how small gold the ATpro will pickup?

The GoldBugPro on the other hand is 19khz (better for small gold) and has a thershold sound. But only the coil and rod waterproof and the machine does not retain its settings when turned off.Also only two coils so far-5" and 11" also only DD coils work with this machine(designed only for DD).

I need a therhold sound on my detector-can't stand ones without.

I will buying buying the newgoldbug.

The goldbugpro is getting awesome reviews and has awesome depth.Amazing iron seperation-runnig circels on the minelabs in high iron junk infested area's.

Just another option-not like the ATPRO is not a good machine-it may be real good at larger,deeper-nuggets,but as far as smaller gold the goldbugpro would have it beat.I would like to see someone prove me wrong.Im not sure how small gold the ATpro will pickup?

I think the AT Pro is not meant to be a small gold nugget hunter. If it was it would have threshold and Auto GB. Garrett already has this technology being FastTrack GB on the GTI-2500, so why not put this on the AT Pro?

I think both the AT Pro and Gold Bug Pro do not have real time full Auto Tracking Ground Balance is odd.

Sounds like you are sold on the Fisher Gold Bug Pro and you are buying one. Make sure you get both coils the 5" and 11". Someone said they are very good at small gold, being better than the 19khz reflects.

I have an Minelab X-Terra 70 and am curious on what you said about the new Gold Bug Pro running circles around the Minelabs in high iron? Can you please explain more about this?

You can also look at the newest version of the Fisher F75 (13 khz) for gold propecting and a multipurpose unit. They are suppose to be hot on gold as well.

Also the Tesoro Lobo ST is a winner in simple analog, non digital.

Can somebody explain this statement to me...if the best detector for small gold that most on this forum have agreed is the GB2 @ 71khz,,,then how can the atatement below be true for the "new Goldbug.... at 19khz???

"The GoldBugPro on the other hand is 19khz (better for small gold) "

Trying to understand the freeq..y things.....khz

pk

hope i didnt hijack thread...looked like it was over anyway..

Can somebody explain this statement to me...if the best detector for small gold that most on this forum have agreed is the GB2 @ 71khz,,,then how can the atatement below be true for the "new Goldbug.... at 19khz???

"The GoldBugPro on the other hand is 19khz (better for small gold) "

Trying to understand the freeq..y things.....khz

pk

hope i didnt hijack thread...looked like it was over anyway..

Funny, I thought the GB II operated around the 18 KHz range. The Lobo SuperTraq operates at 17.8 KHz. Small gold galore! By the way Paul, How the Heck are you buddy? I miss your big ugly mug! - Terry

Funny, I thought the GB II operated around the 18 KHz range. The Lobo SuperTraq operates at 17.8 KHz. Small gold galore! By the way Paul, How the Heck are you buddy? I miss your big ugly mug! - Terry

Im laying on Bob's couch!

• 3 weeks later...

Terry,

The old original Gold Bug ran at around 18khz but the Gold Bug II runs at 71khz which makes it extremely sensitive to small gold but lacks somewhat on depth.

Keith

Archived