Robin Holds And Ace

Driving back to Northern California from Arizona Monday, I could see the storm clouds gathering. It was pretty windy Tuesday and the Weatherman was promising rain late afternoon until Wednesday eve. I layed in bed listening to the storm beat against our home all night expecting for and all day rain event. To my surprise at O'Dark 30, I go outside to get the morning newspaper and I can see stars in the sky and not a lick of rain. As I read the paper and listening to local news, the Weatherman said, it looks like we'll have a clear morning! I glanced at the Doppler and I agreed. Robin & I, hit the road to the patches to try our luck before the next storm. I was armed with my new/used 12x15 DD Commander and Robin, with her new fav the 12x15 Mono Commander. We split up, one hour later I kicked up 3 nuggets to my poke, I called her on the radio to see how her luck was going. Not a thing she replied. 30 minutes later I find one more nugget and then Robin, calls me...I got a nice one. Well I had to see her best guess at 7 or 8 dwt's. I finally found her about 3/4 of a mile and she flops that nugget in my hand. I said, I think it's over 1/2 oz and it's very nice. Well I'm eating lunch and she's still digging everything making a noise! And wouldn't you know it, pulls a little dink nugget out beneath a trash target. A very large rain storm just missed us by a mile or so and the wind was blowing like crazy and getting might chilly. We headed out for the 2 mile hump to the truck and just in time before it started to download Cat's & Dog's on the drive home. Her nugget hit the scale at 13.1 dwt's...until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

16Feb11Coil.jpg

16Feb11Scale.jpg

Lucky that girl is definately a KEEPER, I have a suggestion for you both.....with her luck at sniffing out the big ones trade some of those nuggets in this year and use the money to go to Austrailia and she'll probably unearth a "MONSTER" Great hunting Robin and many more to ya. Keep us posted.

Frank C,

I often tell a story about "there is no-place like home". I had the luxury of traveling to many 3rd & 4th World Countries during my Military career (saying AU is nothing but the best) and I was always a happy GI to be back on home turf. My entire Military career, I wanted to be stationed in Alaska. Until I was stationed in Northern California, my turning point was the day I caught my limit of Salmon and released several more and then panned gold between my fellow fishing partners...I was in heaven. Having a few different dredging partners that didn't understand water flow and paystreaks, I dragged some very heavy equipment miles in some boulder packed creeks for hardly a payback in gold. In other words, "I won't leave gold, to find gold". But, I always like to stumble onto gold and you may just see Robin & I, vacationing in the OutBack one of these days? Yet, as I stomp my muddy boots on my home turf, "there is no-place like home". Until our next hunt!

Fred, she lets me hold her gold...but it ends up in the same poke!!! Robin, is a keeper and she has skunked me a many of times.

LuckyLundy

Nice going Robin, It takes me a year to find that much Gold. By the way ,Marilyn has finished Radiation and feels tired, but good. Doug

Holy cow, Doug...I didn't know...You give Marilyn a healing hug from all of us and let her know that Dodacious and I are praying for her...Cheers, Unc

Archived