X-Tera 305 505 or 705?

• Admin

Hello GDM4,

The are all great detectors, but understand the 305 & 505 are coin/relic detectors, while the 705 is a multi-purpose detector (2 in 1 detector) where you can hunt for coins, relics and gold nuggets. Minelab also just introduced the new 705 "Gold Edition" which comes with the stock 10-inch elliptical 18.75kHz DD coil, which is best for gold nugget hunting.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

gdm4, go with the 705. I've had mine for quite a while now and am extremely impressed with it. I've used it almost exclusively as coin/relic detector so far, but just joined the Desert Gold Diggers out of Tucson, AZ and hope to get to their claims in the near future.

I had a great chat with Kevin Houghland (I think that was his name) of Minelab at the El Paso Gold Show and he walked me thru setting the 705 for gold prospecting. Then he showed me a little teeny tiny nugget that was detected at about 2". Impressive.

The 705 is very "intuitive" and is ready to go right from the box.

Of course, Rob here has the best prices and best deals going of anyone. :D

Kajun

Hello GDM4,

The are all great detectors, but understand the 305 & 505 are coin/relic detectors, while the 705 is a multi-purpose detector (2 in 1 detector) where you can hunt for coins, relics and gold nuggets. Minelab also just introduced the new 705 "Gold Edition" which comes with the stock 10-inch elliptical 18.75kHz DD coil, which is best for gold nugget hunting.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

What are we looking at $$$

for the 705 and the 705 Gold edition

I will be honest here, I have a credit on the books at Kellyco but if need be they will send me a check should yours be the better deal.

Hello gdm4,

The price for either 705 is $698.95. This includes free shipping/insurance, headphones, nugget scoop & environmental cover.

Give us a call if you're interested.

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob, is that the Gold Edition?

and do I need to purchase a separate search coil to look for other things besides gold?

Sorry, when I said I was new to this, I meant it.

• Admin

Hello gdm4,

The X-Terra 705 and 705 Gold Edition is the same metal detector, the only difference is the stock coil that comes with them. The Gold Edition comes with the 10-inch Elliptical DD, 18.75kHz coil. This coil is best for gold nugget hunting, so the unit is called the 705 Gold Edition. The stock 705 coils with the 9-inch round, which is best for coin/relic hunting.

Both units are the same price, $698.95 shipped.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

• 8 years later...

I am the founder of an on line vapor store named Smoke House Vapez and I am wishing to take on far more e-liquid labels so as to keep up with the competitors. I am thinking about carrying the following eliquid brand names which appear to have a pretty good review on Vape Shop Directory: Cream Puff Factory, FULL PULL VAPES, POP! Vapors and The Golden Pig E-Liquid. Any advice would be significantly appreciated. You can message me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Smokehousevapez or just reply to this thread!

• 2 months later...