Moving to Prescott Valley area, any areas not to move to at

I finally got my house under contract up here in Colorado, losing my ass on it but at least it is selling before I lose it (no work and no good paying jobs up here for someone who is 58 or hire one who is that age). And no one up here is spending money on commercial photography work, my Chevron and Williams jobs are dead and no construction work either that I like to shoot. Been working a part time job and that is not paying the bills, burning through my savings trying to find work. Made up my mind to relocate and start over as it is a dead end up here to try and make a living. Looking at Hud and Fannie Mae, Foreclosures in the Prescott Valley, Mayer area and such. Trying to find one that doesn't look like bombed out Iraq, just needs some paint and flooring and pay cash for it. Going to try and start over with my Commercial Photography, Teach some Red Cross CPR/First Aid Classes to the public and businesses, and some prospecting. If I am debt free I can live pretty cheap and between the 3 endeavors I should be able to pay the bills and be my own boss. Are there any areas to avoid in those area's, I will be coming down after the the first week in April to look at the houses and find one and put a bid on it. Any thoughts or suggestion would be a great help on areas and what to avoid. I know I haven't posted much since I joined the forum, but as I haven't done very much prospecting and no metal detecting yet, not much for me to say, than just read the post's and learn from the more experienced people on the forum.

Thanks Greg Dahlgren "Shotgun"

Guest AU prae

I finally got my house under contract up here in Colorado, losing my ass on it but at least it is selling before I lose it (no work and no good paying jobs up here for someone who is 58 or hire one who is that age). And no one up here is spending money on commercial photography work, my Chevron and Williams jobs are dead and no construction work either that I like to shoot. Been working a part time job and that is not paying the bills, burning through my savings trying to find work. Made up my mind to relocate and start over as it is a dead end up here to try and make a living. Looking at Hud and Fannie Mae, Foreclosures in the Prescott Valley, Mayer area and such. Trying to find one that doesn't look like bombed out Iraq, just needs some paint and flooring and pay cash for it. Going to try and start over with my Commercial Photography, Teach some Red Cross CPR/First Aid Classes to the public and businesses, and some prospecting. If I am debt free I can live pretty cheap and between the 3 endeavors I should be able to pay the bills and be my own boss. Are there any areas to avoid in those area's, I will be coming down after the the first week in April to look at the houses and find one and put a bid on it. Any thoughts or suggestion would be a great help on areas and what to avoid. I know I haven't posted much since I joined the forum, but as I haven't done very much prospecting and no metal detecting yet, not much for me to say, than just read the post's and learn from the more experienced people on the forum.

Thanks Greg Dahlgren "Shotgun"

Guest AU prae

I own in Prescott Valley and I don't think I would recommend it to someone, isn't that terrible! I bought it as an income property and when I got divorced I guess I was glad I had it to go to. Now property is what it is with foreclosed everywhere, I wish I had not purchased it. I WOULD recommend Meyer Dewey there are lots of places to play close by (in the hills) Prescott Valley has lots of city laws about what you can or can't do with your land, not sure about Meyer but it can be looked up on line. So all I'm saying is if I had it to do over, I'd do it different. Good luck to you and your move..............Paula

Hey Shotgun, I live in Chino and have lived in the area for over 30 years. It all depends on what you want. Prpoerty, is much cheaper down around Mayer and it is closer to the gold fields but it is a pretty good drive into PV to go to the store, hard to get the ice cream home.

Like AU prae said, lots of rules if you want to live in the city. You might want to look at Chino Valley, while it has grown a lot the last few years, it is still pretty rural if you get away from the Hwy. Property is real cheap down around Cordes, by todays standards, and there are stores in both the Verde Valley and Anthem, not to far away. I do know the area pretty well so if you need any local help finding a place, give me a call.

Bunk

Thanks for the info I will check into it, all the info the real estate person is sending me or I should say most is in PV. As I said I am not walking away with a lot of money on this sale. So I need to find something decent I can make work and still have some funds in the bank to live on for a few years till I get on my feet. Thanks Greg

I own in Prescott Valley and I don't think I would recommend it to someone, isn't that terrible! I bought it as an income property and when I got divorced I guess I was glad I had it to go to. Now property is what it is with foreclosed everywhere, I wish I had not purchased it. I WOULD recommend Meyer Dewey there are lots of places to play close by (in the hills) Prescott Valley has lots of city laws about what you can or can't do with your land, not sure about Meyer but it can be looked up on line. So all I'm saying is if I had it to do over, I'd do it different. Good luck to you and your move..............Paula

Thanks for the reply Bunk, I'll take you up on your offer when I get down there. Maybe the second week of April, depends how fast I can get moved out after closing on the 31st of this month. You can email me @ shotgun7@gotsk.com with your # if you don't want it all over the net. Thanks Greg

Hey Shotgun, I live in Chino and have lived in the area for over 30 years. It all depends on what you want. Prpoerty, is much cheaper down around Mayer and it is closer to the gold fields but it is a pretty good drive into PV to go to the store, hard to get the ice cream home.

Like AU prae said, lots of rules if you want to live in the city. You might want to look at Chino Valley, while it has grown a lot the last few years, it is still pretty rural if you get away from the Hwy. Property is real cheap down around Cordes, by todays standards, and there are stores in both the Verde Valley and Anthem, not to far away. I do know the area pretty well so if you need any local help finding a place, give me a call.

Bunk

Archived