Hi hike4gold

I think you will be hard press to find someone that's going to let you take their sport car out.Well maybe if they go along for the ride.You best not go it alone if you never had a GPX 5000 in your hands before.You may want to buy a used VLF and just go have fun.Have you ever been nugget hunting before?

In what ever you do I wish you the best!

Chuck Anders

Hey Ridge,

Thanks for the response...

I would love to have someone along for the ride; they could sit back and relax in a lawn chair all day and smoke cigars...then split the nugget findings at the end of the day...

I have hunted before with a Tesoro Lobo, and I keep hearing and reading about the GPX 5000. I wanted feel, hear, and see the difference for myself before purchasing it.

Happy huntin,

I'll go out with you sometime hike4gold. Let me know when. We'll take turn swinging and digging.....You do plenty of diggin with the 5000, that's for sure. My only other detecting buddy is swinging the Lobo and the difference is.... ALOT... not that the Lobo is a bad unit.

• Admin

Hello Hike4gold,

Many years ago I tried the rental deal and it failed big time. When you have a $5,500 metal detector, most don't want to place down a huge deposit just in case the detector never comes back. I also had issues with customers breaking or damaging parts and not wanting to replace them.

If anyone can think of an easy way to rent units for potential customers and a way to protect the dealer for full value, I'm all ears. I've had told customers that if they wanted to leave a $4000 cash deposit they can take the GPX5000 out and use it for $100 per weekend. I have to protect my investment, but at the same time allows potential customers to check them out.

Suggestions .... :blush:

Rob Allison

Hello Hike4gold,

Many years ago I tried the rental deal and it failed big time. When you have a $5,500 metal detector, most don't want to place down a huge deposit just in case the detector never comes back. I also had issues with customers breaking or damaging parts and not wanting to replace them.

If anyone can think of an easy way to rent units for potential customers and a way to protect the dealer for full value, I'm all ears. I've had told customers that if they wanted to leave a $4000 cash deposit they can take the GPX5000 out and use it for $100 per weekend. I have to protect my investment, but at the same time allows potential customers to check them out.

Suggestions .... :blush:

Rob Allison

I'm biting my lip on this one.. and it HURTS! :D Terry

Rob, do like the car rentals do, Make them buy insurance, just in case and only do it on a credit card. The rental, they sign a damage clause on the rental contract. Thats how Fresno coin Gallery down in Fresno doe's it. Basicly like a bond on the detector, that will cover any and all damage. Grubstake

AzOverland, i'll take you up on that! I'm free anytime that you are...i trade the market, and make up my own hours, so let's go find some of those nuggets-no trail or location is off limits for me physically; so all up for adventures!

I hear ya Rob...the idea of having insurance is a pretty darn good one!!! From a consumers point of view, I can say for such an investment it would be nice to see what it can do before fully committing the capital. I must say that I have only heard good things about the device, and would likely be very happy with the purchase...

Nonetheless, giving it a test drive would likely help seal the deal.

hike4gold, what markets do you trade? ill bet after a day with that 5000, youll own one a week later. ive had my 4500 a few months now and couldnt imagine not having it. good luck out there!

hike4gold, what markets do you trade? ill bet after a day with that 5000, youll own one a week later. ive had my 4500 a few months now and couldnt imagine not having it. good luck out there!

Trade mostly the es, 6e, tf, cl, and gc...also do options from time to time when major highs and low are confirmed. what do you trade?

AzOverland, i'll take you up on that! I'm free anytime that you are...i trade the market, and make up my own hours, so let's go find some of those nuggets-no trail or location is off limits for me physically; so all up for adventures!

I'm in Tucson, where are you? I hunt mostly on the weekend with a few guys running gold wheel and stuff on local claims.

Trade mostly the es, 6e, tf, cl, and gc...also do options from time to time when major highs and low are confirmed. what do you trade?

I trade Forex.. mainly usd/jpy and a handful of stocks..

• Admin

Hey Hike4Gold,

You're welcome to join me anytime I'm doing field instructions with customers and test drive my personal unit. Keep in mind, the top dealers get a souped up super GPX ... LOL (it's a joke).

I'm playing catch up on field instructions right now, have them scheduled in full for the next couple of weekends. I do have to get AzOverland in the field soon also, so you're welcome to jump on that hunt/field instructions if you're interested also.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hey Hike4Gold,

You're welcome to join me anytime I'm doing field instructions with customers and test drive my personal unit. Keep in mind, the top dealers get a souped up super GPX ... LOL (it's a joke).

I'm playing catch up on field instructions right now, have them scheduled in full for the next couple of weekends. I do have to get AzOverland in the field soon also, so you're welcome to jump on that hunt/field instructions if you're interested also.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

oh i dont know my 4500 seems to run a little hotter than most :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Hike4Gold,

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob,

That's awesome! Thank you so much for your generous offer!!!

Also want to compliment you on your great forum! The people that you have attracted to this forum is a reflection of who you are and what you have created with your business...The people that i know wishing to get involved with prospecting will no doubt be directed your way in the future!

I will try and contact you tmw sometime to see when and where you will be doing your field instructions in the near future!

Be well,

Archived