Team AzOverland Scores First Nugget!!!!!

Well boys we did it! I can't tell you how happy my son and I are to have our first Arizona golden nugget under our belts. We are very new to metal detecting and the GPX5000 is the first metal detector I have ever owned(my son had a little VLF). I have had it less then 60 days and yet to do feild training or go out with any one who knows jack about MineLabs.

We hit up Greaterville this morning and worked a hike in area with no success. As we were leaving an older buddy of mine from work caught up with us on the way out, his brother was in town from New Jersy. Still tried out my son agreed to stay out for a few more hours. These guys were not prospecting and just wanted to see a little of the country side and not up for much hiking.

After checking the area out we stopped and I agreed to show them the detector. I was swinging in some REALLY worked ground. I honestly had not hope of finding a gold nugget but was sure I could impress these old boys by digging out a couple of deep bullets. Well here is the second target we dug with these guys watching......

What a great way to do it, my son was with me and I had an audience.

I had the unit dailed in. Manual tuned, fine gold timing, RX up to 16, fixed ground balance, running the 15x12 Minelab Commander coil. I really think the fine gold timing is what helped. If 100 coils had not been over this nugget in the past then Greaterville really is a huge virgin patch because this area was WORKED OVER. Don't get me wrong I have well over 100 hours behind the Minelab now and have dug well over 400 targets, so it's not easy but there is still GOLD IN THEM THER HILLS!!!

Thanks for reading, thanks Rob's Detector Sale for the sales and support of the MineLab. And the super fast shipping on other items ordered (I placed an order with Rob's and the stuff was at my door in 26 hours...WOW!!!)

And thanks to the good people on the forum who have helped and encouraged directly and indirectly.

This is just as good or better then my first fish or the first time my son caught a fish and for us that's really saying something.....

post-32973-129998787056_thumb.jpg

post-32973-129998788589_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hey Team AZOverland,

Awesome!!! Congrats on your first Arizona gold nugget find. ;) Thanks once again for your business and compliments. Looking forward to our field instructions in the very near future. Until then, hope you continue to score some gold nuggets down there while spending quality time with your Son.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Satt,

You are exactly right about a spot never being cleaned out. It's just amazing how you can continue to go back over the same old beat up spots with different coils, detectors and accessories and still squeak out another nugget or two.

Take Border Boy for example, he went back to a spot that everyone and their Brother went over (including myself), and he managed to find a nice 1/4 ounce nugget.

Thanks once again for your business and another Congrats to AZOverland!!!

Take care,

Rob Allison

Congratulations on your first nuggie and a very nice story. You and your son sure hit the ground running...some folks will spend a year swinging before finding their first nugget.

Now it gets easier since your ears are tuned in to the sound of gold. Great photo of you and your son.

Rick

yeeessss sir ,way to go im verry excited for you it usually takes alot longer to find your first nugget.whoooohooo alright man great going and cant wait to see more :D

Way to go Team AZOverland, This is a day you and your son will remember for a long time. Your friend from work will be able to vouch for you when everyone always asks " do you really find gold with a metal detector" or " are you sure that's real gold". Congrats again, job well done.

Dave

Sweet Deal! Congrats! I freshly know the feeling. Funny you said it was in such a pounded area, same exact thing with me. I spent so much time trying to get off the beaten path and i come across a nug in the most pounded area i could think of. Guess you just never know.. cant wait to see your next one!

Take care,

Landon

Hey, thanks for checking it out and all the kindness. It sure is a real confidence builder. Yes once you put your hands on the first bit of gold that no other man has ever seen it's a day and a memory that will surely last a lifetime. It doesn't help the fever though, it's really set in now........

Yaaaaaaahooooooooooooo......... :lol:

Way to go !!!!

Ain't the first one the greatest feeling?

Good job and great hobby for you and your team mate..!

paul

Another fine example of what the GPX 5000 and a new operator with little training can do. Congrats on that VERY FINE first nugget, I sure wish my dad had taken me out at that age. But then again I probably wouldn't have amounted to much if I got Gold Fever at that age!! Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived