northern ca

well, im headed to washington state around the 6th april to get my sis and neice. looks like the weather wont permit me any places there to try. i did some research on my clubs claims up north. seems that too much snow still. anyone know where me and pops could spend a day on our way in north ca. we would like to do some detecting in the motherload area thats not way out of our way.anyplace we could try without getting in trouble and have a chance at finding something. just asking for good locations on the way, no hotspots unless ya want to give them up! lol. doesnt matter if they been pounded, just looking for areas to explore and spend a day.places where nuggets have been found before or still have chances woud be great.

john

Hi,

The rivers are running high in Ca so be careful ! You could try upriver on the southside from the Ponderosa Bridge on the N. fork American river. Take the Weimar Overcross road (at Weimar 10 miles aobe Auburn off #80)and turn rt on the frontage. Continue and follow Ponderosa road down (check the map) to the river. The road is dirt/gravel but ok for a car if you go slow. Upstream there are lots of patches of bedrock on the south side.

Jim

Hi,

The rivers are running high in Ca so be careful ! You could try upriver on the southside from the Ponderosa Bridge on the N. fork American river. Take the Weimar Overcross road (at Weimar 10 miles aobe Auburn off #80)and turn rt on the frontage. Continue and follow Ponderosa road down (check the map) to the river. The road is dirt/gravel but ok for a car if you go slow. Upstream there are lots of patches of bedrock on the south side.

Jim

thanks jim, ill keep that in mind.maybe give it a try. i was hoping to find some areas with washes and dry land to do some nugget hunting.does anyone ever have any luck along the banksd of the rivers. wouldnt the gold be too deep to detect? ive only done desert detecting so im not familiar with rivers and streams for detecting. but bedrock is always good i guess.im just learning and since im not familiar with how the pros get the gold up north with detectors, i was hoping a few would give some advice.thanks for your advice, ill check that out as well as any other i get. should be leaving tonite or in the morning.

john