Golden Friends...

Hey all this is paul,

Just got back from a trip to Greaterville with Border Boy. He had a great campsite located and I met Drifter again-after meeting him the for first time last weekend at the AZO rendevous at Decision Corner.

We had a great time and I got to meet BB's grandparents, (He can tell you his grandpa's story)...anyway, after a, "tough," ;) prospector's supper of New York Strip steaks, cooked over some slow burning mesquite and ranch beans, we crashed to get ready for the next days hunt.

I didn't get the skunk off, but just the chance to meet up with my new detecting friends is good enough for me. We all want the gold, but there is really more to life than that. ----NOW... i better find some next time out!!!!--lolol---

We had the good fortune to meet up with AZOverland yesterday, and when I was leading him over to the spot we were hunting yesterday evening....i topped over a hill and was driving down in a rugged little wash...when all of the sudden i see this BIG box truck sitting there!!!--hahahaha...obviously "Notorious Kelly" has been sighted...it was good to put a face to some of the names of different people I have met on this forum.

That's the real gold to me...the people and friendship.

I am headed VA Hospital in Phoenix today to pick up some of my meds and then on to Congress, AZ to grab the, "Hampster Campster"...then sort everything and pack up for the drive to Nevada to my new job as a rural health nurse.

I am excited about the possiblities there as I will have the chance to meet with different people all over the northern 2/3rds of the state and mine for info on new detecting sites.

I wish you all well in all your prospecting and mining and just wanted to say THANKS agsain to all my new and old prospecting buddies!

Thanks for all your help and advice.

paul

Hey Paul,

Sounds like you had a great time. All those guys you mentioned are top notch. I will be meeting up with AZOverLand this weekend for instructions. Maybe he will find a nugget or two ... :P

Wishing you the best in NV.

Rob Allison

Thanks for everything, Rob!

Sounds like you had a good time regardless of the infamous "Skunk".

Satt

Oh yeah,,,,,the steak was worth the trip!

:lol:

Sounds like you had a good time regardless of the infamous "Skunk".

Satt

Oh yeah,,,,,the steak was worth the trip!

:lol:

I really had a good time meeting you guys yesterday. Thanks for letting me tag alone. Border Boy and Congressman are some stand up gold miners. Sorry if I slowed you boys down, I think we did more jawin' then diggin'. The short time I was out there did give me more ideas about how to do this thing with a litte more success. Paul I really enjoyed our talk and good luck in NV.

Here's a link - check it out

http://www.theprivilegedplanet.com/

Looking forward to seeing Rob tomorrow and getting in that feild training.....we're off to see the wizard :D

You will be missed Paul! It seems it was only a few weeks ago you just got back from Alaska.

Who is going to hug all our cactus and make them feel loved? :rolleyes:

I'll keep you updated on our schedule and maybe you can find some time to meet up with us in Rye Patch this Summer.

Wishing you Happy Trails and Heavy Pans Buddy

Clay & Ruby

MinerDiggins

Subscribe to the NewDiggins Newsletter

You will be missed Paul! It seems it was only a few weeks ago you just got back from Alaska.

Who is going to hug all our cactus and make them feel loved? :rolleyes:

I'll keep you updated on our schedule and maybe you can find some time to meet up with us in Rye Patch this Summer.

Wishing you Happy Trails and Heavy Pans Buddy

Clay & Ruby

MinerDiggins

Subscribe to the NewDiggins Newsletter

Thanks you two!

hey guys i had a blast camping out , AND my grandad managed to find his first nugget :D:D:D i was standing right next to him when he pulled a sweet half grammer and I tell ya the kid came out in him with a big koolaid smile all day it was only his fifth day out(and greaterville is tough) . my grandma was diggin out the targets with him , they make a great team i grew up drywashing with them (thanks) and they've been a great team for about 60 years :wub: Pauls got the pics

hey Paul, you rarely meet people with a great personality like yours! I wish you were not moving 18 hours away you make a great addition to our crew ;) best of luck on the new adventure :D and cant wait untill the next hunt.

AZOVERLAND i think were going to get along just fine your well on the way to many future nuggs. I thinK my whole trip I probably only got a solid five or six hours in (had to dig a samlpe this week :ph34r: ). Just managed to get the skunk off a little with two dinks at 1.3g and already itching for next week :lol:

yo , Notorious Kelly i only got to talk with ya shortly but hopefully you can hit me up sometime for an adventure , you seem like a real cool guy B)

It was a hoot running into you guys on my first trip to Greaterville. :)

Paul- I wish you all the best in your new job travels and gold adventures.

Border Boy- Thanks for the guidance on settings; I'm lucky to learn a little more with every helpful prospector I meet.

I went up to that tailings pile and, while starting to dig first target, heard a very distinctive sound (rattle rattle). Wasn't loud like out in the open; I think he was in the loose rocks. But I bailed.

Found some bullets n boot tacks and we had fun. Dug a 3-foot hole one spot and was wore out; I may come back with a shovel ;)

AzOverland- Nice to meet you too; have fun learning with Rob!

Oh yeah- by Wickenburg, I remembered to get off quad on uphill side, but didn't look uphill first to see this:

CLICK HERE

I got FIVE of those cactus balls stuck to me YOUCH! :o

Pried each off with a rock, then had to pull out all the needles.

At least it wasn't poisonous! :lol:

It was a hoot running into you guys on my first trip to Greaterville. :)

Paul- I wish you all the best in your new job travels and gold adventures.

Border Boy- Thanks for the guidance on settings; I'm lucky to learn a little more with every helpful prospector I meet.

I went up to that tailings pile and, while starting to dig first target, heard a very distinctive sound (rattle rattle). Wasn't loud like out in the open; I think he was in the loose rocks. But I bailed.

Found some bullets n boot tacks and we had fun. Dug a 3-foot hole one spot and was wore out; I may come back with a shovel ;)

AzOverland- Nice to meet you too; have fun learning with Rob!

Oh yeah- by Wickenburg, I remembered to get off quad on uphill side, but didn't look uphill first to see this:

CLICK HERE

I got FIVE of those cactus balls stuck to me YOUCH! :o

Pried each off with a rock, then had to pull out all the needles.

At least it wasn't poisonous! :lol:

Sounds like there is a "NEW" Prickly Kelly, in town!

:D

Sounds like you guy's had a great time. That's what it's all about good times with friends.

See ya soon Paul,

Road Dog

Leaving as soon as I get my clothes and me washed here in Congress...

Will try to hook up with you next weekend and we can go get my first "Nevada Nugget"

I hear it is dry up there and brush fire danger is high....lolol

hey paul, bigguy here, where in nv are you heading? i have a sister in reno that is just getting into md ing.

I will be all over the state, but stationed in Carson City,,,maybe we can help her out,,,or maybe she can show us how to get the gold...pm me and give me her name and email and I will give her a shout when I get there. Thanks bigguy!

Paul,

Looking forward to seeing you soon and hunting some color up!

LuckyLundy

Roger that. ...my tote with all my clothes blew away somewhere on Hwy 93....I guess I'll have to get sokme newe stuff....all my old was pretty beat up anyway!..lol

Roger that. ...my tote with all my clothes blew away somewhere on Hwy 93....I guess I'll have to get sokme newe stuff....all my old was pretty beat up anyway!..lol

You can buy some nice rags with all the gold you are going to find in Nevada Paul - Good luck Brother! Terry

Archived