First Nugget

I'm new to the forums - just went out with "Shep", my brother, to Gold Basin and found a nice 6 pwt., 1/3 oz nugget the first day. I had a White's MXT but was using my new GPX5000 I got from Rob. The nugget was about 14" down and the target signal was real strong. Tom (shep) had been through that area so I thought that he had already cleaned it out of any gold; hence, I thought it was a big piece of trash. The Garretts pinpointer helped speed the recovery of targets all day. post-35279-130180540878_thumb.jpgpost-35279-130180548101_thumb.jpg

I'm new to the forums - just went out with "Shep", my brother, to Gold Basin and found a nice 6 pwt., 1/3 oz nugget the first day. I had a White's MXT but was using my new GPX5000 I got from Rob. The nugget was about 14" down and the target signal was real strong. Tom (shep) had been through that area so I thought that he had already cleaned it out of any gold; hence, I thought it was a big piece of trash. The Garretts pinpointer helped speed the recovery of targets all day. post-35279-130180540878_thumb.jpgpost-35279-130180548101_thumb.jpg

Nice job, I found one out there on Friday too. It was much smaller, but gold is gold. I found my .6 gramer at about 6", with my 4500 and a coiltec 14" eliptical mono.Good luck, find a bunch more. Doug :rolleyes:

It's not that I'm a good teacher, but he's a fast learner! He almost beat me with his 6dwt'r! The big ones are easy- just get the coil over it. Now he's gotta listen for the little guys!

I got a 7dwt'r and 3 little guys and 6 meteorites (total weight 396 grams). The biggest is being slabbed at this time, for a necklace piece for my daughter.

You did good bro!

Shep

DANG IT, PastorShep you guys pulled a fast one on me out there not telling me you were a man of the cloth. I would have watched my vocabulary much closer !!!!!

My apologies.

NICE first nugget with the new ML. Hope to catch up with you in the field again soon. Frank C.

Archived