1.6 ounce Gold Nugget Find

• Admin

Hello All,

Thought you might enjoy this picture. Not a whole lot to say, it was found in Arizona by me! ;) I was using the trusty GPX5000 metal detector along with the Coiltek Goldstalker Searchcoil. The target was just a faint whisper, so luckily I decided to persue digging it.

Ok, I will give you a hint, it was found around some old workings. The old-timers just missed it, but curious what they did find? :blush:

Take care,

Rob Allison

nice r, must have been pretty deep to be a faint whisper. i know i get 22 casings screaming at 12-18 inches with my 5000. cant imagine a monster like that barely making a signal.lol. anyways congrats. very nice. ill be comming for my lessons soon. maybe ill find one lol

john

Hello All,

Thought you might enjoy this picture. Not a whole lot to say, it was found in Arizona by me! ;) I was using the trusty GPX5000 metal detector along with the Coiltek Goldstalker Searchcoil. The target was just a faint whisper, so luckily I decided to persue digging it.

Ok, I will give you a hint, it was found around some old workings. The old-timers just missed it, but curious what they did find? :blush:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Congratulations Rob! Wow!! Terry

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I personally haven't been out much, but did find some neat relics I will post soon.

John - We can do your lesson whenever, but keep in mind it's getting pretty hot now. Here in another month or so it will be blazing again .... :( Have you had much success with your GPX5000 yet? Thanks once again for your business.

AZOverLand - I seen a post on another forum with your son. Did you Son end up finding a nugget? If so, congrats!!! I'm hoping to get down to Greaterville this Summer sometime, maybe we can all get together for a hunt. It's been a long time since I have been down there, not sure I will have that Greaterville touch anymore.

Uncle Ron - Ya, it will be a real beauty. The reason I don't clean them is one of the people that purchase gold from me prefers them not cleaned. I guess they like doing their own thing with them.

Idaho Al - I wasn't asked this time to do the video with Chris. I guess I wasn't good looking enough. :wacko: I have talked with Chris and I know the DVD is done, just not sure when it will be released. I will have a batch of them the minute they are released.

I must say I'm very impressed with the GPX5000's performance.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I personally haven't been out much, but did find some neat relics I will post soon.

John - We can do your lesson whenever, but keep in mind it's getting pretty hot now. Here in another month or so it will be blazing again .... :( Have you had much success with your GPX5000 yet? Thanks once again for your business.

AZOverLand - I seen a post on another forum with your son. Did you Son end up finding a nugget? If so, congrats!!! I'm hoping to get down to Greaterville this Summer sometime, maybe we can all get together for a hunt. It's been a long time since I have been down there, not sure I will have that Greaterville touch anymore.

Uncle Ron - Ya, it will be a real beauty. The reason I don't clean them is one of the people that purchase gold from me prefers them not cleaned. I guess they like doing their own thing with them.

Idaho Al - I wasn't asked this time to do the video with Chris. I guess I wasn't good looking enough. :wacko: I have talked with Chris and I know the DVD is done, just not sure when it will be released. I will have a batch of them the minute they are released.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

Take care,

Rob Allison

Nice find Rob, I like it when you can just put the nug in your pocket;-)

Hey Guys,

Take care,

Rob Allison

My son was with me when I found our first nugget so that was great but nothing new for us since then. Not for lack of trying I've been out covering some ground in Greaterville everyday off.

Maybe we should rent Kentucky Camp one weekend and do a forum meet and greet before it gets too hot. The headquaters down there can handle groups up to 50 people, has a BBQ and I think you can walk right out the gate and go swinging. Plus there is alot of area to search and a bunch of GPAA claims and great camping in the area.

I'd be happy to rent the place if you do something like that cause then I'd have dibs on the old cabin :ph34r:

Archived