New Australian Prospecting Book

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so please let me take a moment to introduce myself. I'm from Australia and I'm a prospecting junkie, or at least used to be. I've been prospecting since 1991 and have spent most of my time around the goldfields of Western Australia. Unfortunately, work has become a little hectic lately and I haven't been out for some time, but I did manage to write a half-decent prospecting book called Prospecting the Murchison.

I know you guys have lots of books here in America, but this one is a little bit different. Essentially it's a locality guide with a few extra chapters thrown in to cover the basics like detecting techniques, local rules & regulations, hints, tips, as well as some helpful information for international and interstate visitors. There's also a chapter covering the history of the region as well as a comprehensive chapter on how to accurately determine the gold content of a specimen using specific gravity measurements - not only for quartz specimens, but ironstone as well.

The main section of the book is where I reveal some of the best alluvial localities found on the Murchison and East Murchison goldfields, with easy-to-follow mud-maps showing the way. These are not just any old diggings, but places I valued during my time as a professional prospector for their nugget potential and/or production.

Some of the topics covered in the book include:

Detecting basics.

Where you can prospect in Western Australia.

Prospecting rules and regulations for WA.

Using the online resource, Tengraph.

How to apply for a Miner's Right and a Section 20A Permit.

Information for interstate and international visitors.

A short history of the goldfields.

The best nugget producing localities around the Murchison and East Murchison goldfields of WA.

How to accurately estimate the gold content in nuggets and specimens.

ISBN 9780987061508

Softcover, 160x235mm, 164 pages + 8 colour plates

Illustrated with over 80 black/white mud-maps, historical photos and other illustrations

Highly recommended for anyone planning on a prospecting trip to Western Australia.

Price is AUD $54.00

There is a special offer running at the moment where the publisher will ship to US/Canada at no extra charge. That's a saving of $16.

For more information about the book please visit www.prospectingthemurchison.com

I'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have about the book.

Take care

paul

Archived