Placer mines

Hey guys

Just curious if you have any experience in these hydraulic washes. I have asked this question on another site and have received some good info. I searched high and low here there and everywhere and not a bit of gold...yet. I'm thinking about moving some more boulders to check underneath them. Some have found gold doing this. Just curious if anyone has had good success at these washes. Thanks NVRADAR

post-29713-0-06397700-1311310474_thumb.j

post-29713-0-51797900-1311310511_thumb.j

post-29713-0-21164400-1311310535_thumb.j

Hey guys

Just curious if you have any experience in these hydraulic washes. I have asked this question on another site and have received some good info. I searched high and low here there and everywhere and not a bit of gold...yet. I'm thinking about moving some more boulders to check underneath them. Some have found gold doing this. Just curious if anyone has had good success at these washes. Thanks NVRADAR

im a newbie and havent found any gold detecting yet so i dont much, but I would try to detect above all the tailings. try to look for bedrock where the oldtimers were washing down to bedrock. looks like a cool spot,

Dean

Nvradar, Sometimes the miners were too good and didnt make many mistakes. They likely attacked that bedrock with high pressure pipes and everything they had, and may have wiped it clean. Then you have areas they back stacked behind them, as they advanced, leaving little bedrock exposed for detecting. Some channels didnt carry much nuggety gold, as it was ground down to flakes. So if your on a minelab you may never hear the gold. You can also bet most big pits have all been detected in the last 20 years, and someone else may have beat you to the spot.

Just move on and keep looking. Maybe the next spot has your name on it.

Nvradar, Sometimes the miners were too good and didnt make many mistakes. They likely attacked that bedrock with high pressure pipes and everything they had, and may have wiped it clean. Then you have areas they back stacked behind them, as they advanced, leaving little bedrock exposed for detecting. Some channels didnt carry much nuggety gold, as it was ground down to flakes. So if your on a minelab you may never hear the gold. You can also bet most big pits have all been detected in the last 20 years, and someone else may have beat you to the spot.

Just move on and keep looking. Maybe the next spot has your name on it.

OH yes my spot is out there somewhere just haven't md it yet!! I've watched a few videos on you tube and had alot of guys give me sound advice here and elsewhere so I have some thoughts on where to look next trip. I'll keep all posted if I get a fatty. NVRADAR

Archived