High Desert California Detectorists

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for someone with experience using the GP3000 that would be willing to meet with me and give my unit a quick field test to make sure it is working properly. I have never owned one of the PI machines and this thing is making noises I have never heard before. It is very possible that the unit is functioning perfectly, but I would not know. I am determined to learn how to use it, and use it properly on my own, but I have considered sending it in to Minelab for service and don't really want to send it in if there is no need to.

I live in Barstow, Ca. and could meet someone in the Randsburg/El Paso Mt. area or Coolgardie. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really looking forward to getting out there in the fields and doing some serious detecting and not feel inferior for a change with my little VLF machine :blush:...lol!

If you are willing to help me out, please send me a PM or respond here on this thread and I will PM you my contact number to arrange date and time. I would be happy to compensate for time as well. Thanks.

Chris

Chris,

I have been using a 3000 since they came out and have done well. After following your posts for the last few months I believe you are sincere in becoming a good nugget hunter. I would be willing to go out and show you how to operate your new machine. As was stated in an earlier post don't send it to minelab before you get out and give it a chance. I will be out in the field tomorrow and then be gone up north for an outing next week for a week but will probably be available on Tuesday of this coming week. I see you are a member of PCSC and High Desert Gold Diggers, I am also. They have a claim in the Dale District out of Twentynine Palms and we could check that area out. I can't promise any gold but you just never know. PM me your contact info if this will work for you and I will call on Sunday.

Dave

Chris,

I have been using a 3000 since they came out and have done well. After following your posts for the last few months I believe you are sincere in becoming a good nugget hunter. I would be willing to go out and show you how to operate your new machine. As was stated in an earlier post don't send it to minelab before you get out and give it a chance. I will be out in the field tomorrow and then be gone up north for an outing next week for a week but will probably be available on Tuesday of this coming week. I see you are a member of PCSC and High Desert Gold Diggers, I am also. They have a claim in the Dale District out of Twentynine Palms and we could check that area out. I can't promise any gold but you just never know. PM me your contact info if this will work for you and I will call on Sunday.

Dave

Dave,

Thank you very much. I would be glad to take you up on the offer. And when it comes to being serious about this....I'm as serious as serious can possibly be. The Dale Mining District would be great, especially considering I have never been there before and always wanted to check it out. A PM will be on its way in just about 2 minutes. Thanks again.

Archived