Wife shows she hasn't lost the nuggetshooting skills!

• Admin

Hello All,

My Wife hasn't been out searching for gold nuggets since before our Daughter was born. I would guess she hasn't actually searched for nuggets for a good 4 years. Back in the day my Wife and I used to spend just about every weekend searching for gold, whether it was dredging on my claims in the Bradshaw's or chasing gold nuggets across the State of Arizona. She was actually pretty damn good at one time, almost always scoring nuggets.

Well yesterday we decided to make a short trip up North due to all the rains, hoping that some of the washes and hillsides washed away. Within no time flat, my Wife had a couple small nuggets, I was still looking for my first. I finally ended up catching up with a couple of small ones also, but she beat me when she scored a nice 3.1 Dwt nugget. Ya, she had to brag she beat the more experienced user .... :spank:

It was a great afternoon hunt with my Wife and we both scored nuggets like the old days. Brought back a bunch of good memories of all the places we explored back when we were both younger.

The nuggets on top were the ones she found, the bottom two I found. All nuggets were found with the GPX5000 and Coiltek 14-inch Blitz Mono Searchcoil. Total weight was 4.7 Dwt's, almost 1/4 ounce for a short hunt at an old patch.

07-30-11.JPG

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

That kicks a$$ Rob , wish i could get my wife out. tell the little lady hello and great job (when are you going to bring her down for a tatt?) hope all is great up there.....Justin

Now, that's what it's all about!!!!

Good job and good family hunting...

paul

@ Border Boy.... could you tattoo my pacemaker number on my chest so i don't have carry to this stupid card around.... it might not hurt to tattoo my name on my forearm so i can remember who i am, while you are at it :wacko: !!!

@ Rob, hang in there and i hope you all get to spend way more time together like the old days!

Those are some nice looking specimens. Glad you got to get out and spend some quality time with the Mrs. It's always nice to have your spouse or significant other involved in your hobbies/lifestyle.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I'm truely blessed to have someone like Dawn. She has supported my adventures and business from day one. She knows I have a passion for this hobby and helping others. It's difficult to find someone that enjoys the same hobby or at least supports you. My Daughter acutally talks about "Gold Nuggets' all the time, so I believe she is also going to enjoy hunting with us when she is a bit older.

If you have a family member, partner or friend that enjoys this just as much as you do, then you are also blessed.

Wishing you all the best of success.

Rob Allison