Benefits of using the Treasure Screamer Amp

DOC, I see that is on a 4500. What is the difference between the Goldscreamer and Treasurescreamer on a GP3000?

You want the GOLD Screamer on the GPX3000. The only reason you use the Treasure Sreamer on the GPX4000 and above is if you are using the stock Minelab battery, because the GOLD SCREAMER conflicts with the Minelab amplifier that is inside the battery, and the Treasure Screamer does not conflict.

The downside to the Treasure Screamer is that it uses a 9 volt battery and the Gold Screamer works off of the stock lead acid battery on the GP3500 and below.

Doc

Ah I was using the Insert Media, but I was using the EMBED code instead of just the link. DOH.

Doc

DOC,

Looks like you do new post and select icon on far right that looks like Photos called "Insert Media".

Just post Video link in there and Post.

You want the GOLD Screamer on the GPX3000. The only reason you use the Treasure Sreamer on the GPX4000 and above is if you are using the stock Minelab battery, because the GOLD SCREAMER conflicts with the Minelab amplifier that is inside the battery, and the Treasure Screamer does not conflict.

The downside to the Treasure Screamer is that it uses a 9 volt battery and the Gold Screamer works off of the stock lead acid battery on the GP3500 and below.

Doc

Okay. The light bulb just went on, still kinda dim, but it's on. I wasn't aware that the stock battery on the 4000 and above models had a built in amp. I am still learning the in-and-outs of my 3000 so haven't done much studying on the newer models lately.

Thanks for being so patient and answering all of my dumb questions, DOC. :D

Archived