Answered, that age old question.....

Yes folks, I did it... today Jennifer answered that age old question for you all...... yes, in fact a bear does BEEEEEEEEEEP in the woods......... in fact twice if he's had Indian food it appears (in a couple of the photos).. .and yes, that's an EIGHTEEN inch Nugget Finder next to that HUGE pile......

At least down in AZ you can buy snake chaps, where the hell do I get Grizzly or Black Bear chaps? :blink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78424919@N00/sets/72157627372109370/

Jennifer

Yes folks, I did it... today Jennifer answered that age old question for you all...... yes, in fact a bear does BEEEEEEEEEEP in the woods......... in fact twice if he's had Indian food it appears (in a couple of the photos).. .and yes, that's an EIGHTEEN inch Nugget Finder next to that HUGE pile......

At least down in AZ you can buy snake chaps, where the hell do I get Grizzly or Black Bear chaps? :blink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78424919@N00/sets/72157627372109370/

Jennifer

Oh they have them.......

Worlds most powerful handgun

MODEL 500 S&W MAGNUM REVOLVER 50 cal.

Might want to tie it to your hand though.

:) Ill take rattlers any day over a bear!

Tom

Oh they have them.......

Worlds most powerful handgun

MODEL 500 S&W MAGNUM REVOLVER 50 cal.

Might want to tie it to your hand though.

:) Ill take rattlers any day over a bear!

Tom

Being a deer hunter, I would rather take the bear over the snakes, Tom. I was archery hunting last year and had the "scat" scared out of me when a momma black bear and her cub come walking out of a thicket of manzanita not more than 35 yards away from me. She turned and saw me and I froze like a statue. She looked at me for about 30-45 seconds, turned her head back around and her and the cub went right on about their way. I'm thinking the momma was looking at me going, "Please shoot this damn kid of mine"...LOL. The cub kept bouncing around and running into moms side knocking her off balance mid-stride. Real cute to watch.

I have encountered many a bear while out walking the woods on a hunt, and as long as they do not feel threatened they will run off before you even have a chance to get a good look at them. Rattlers on the other hand have that "I'll take on any one, any size, any time" attitude about them. 2 years ago while driving through our hunting area in the D17 Zone of California we ran across a Mojave Green. My buddy, who was driving, thought he had a leak in his tire because he could hear "hissing". We were just creeping along at maybe 3 MPH with our heads out the window looking for track. So he stops the truck and hops out to inspect his tire and not but 6-8 feet away was a ticked off Mojave Green, reared up and ready to go. My buddy jumped back in the truck and when he pulled away that stupid snake struck his tire on the sidewall.

Yeah, I will take the bears, I think. :unsure:

Being a deer hunter, I would rather take the bear over the snakes, Tom. I was archery hunting last year and had the "scat" scared out of me when a momma black bear and her cub come walking out of a thicket of manzanita not more than 35 yards away from me. She turned and saw me and I froze like a statue. She looked at me for about 30-45 seconds, turned her head back around and her and the cub went right on about their way. I'm thinking the momma was looking at me going, "Please shoot this damn kid of mine"...LOL. The cub kept bouncing around and running into moms side knocking her off balance mid-stride. Real cute to watch.

I have encountered many a bear while out walking the woods on a hunt, and as long as they do not feel threatened they will run off before you even have a chance to get a good look at them. Rattlers on the other hand have that "I'll take on any one, any size, any time" attitude about them. 2 years ago while driving through our hunting area in the D17 Zone of California we ran across a Mojave Green. My buddy, who was driving, thought he had a leak in his tire because he could hear "hissing". We were just creeping along at maybe 3 MPH with our heads out the window looking for track. So he stops the truck and hops out to inspect his tire and not but 6-8 feet away was a ticked off Mojave Green, reared up and ready to go. My buddy jumped back in the truck and when he pulled away that stupid snake struck his tire on the sidewall.

Yeah, I will take the bears, I think. :unsure:

Thats why I wear snake chaps! :)

They are hot, uncomfortable....but, keep you safe.

Plus, they keep the dern cacti off your lower end.

Tom

Archived