Fair asking price for a GP 3000?

Hi guys/gals... I'm wondering what the fair asking price is to ask for a GP 3000 in lightly used condition with factory issued items (coil, chargers etc), and 1 extra battery?

I am about to list one for sale but don't want to appear to be ripping anyone off as I've only ever bought 4500's.

I see on ebay prices ranging from $1,700- $2,200.

Thanks folks

Jennifer

http://www.prelovedplacer.com/forums

Hi guys/gals... I'm wondering what the fair asking price is to ask for a GP 3000 in lightly used condition with factory issued items (coil, chargers etc), and 1 extra battery?

I am about to list one for sale but don't want to appear to be ripping anyone off as I've only ever bought 4500's.

I see on ebay prices ranging from $1,700- $2,200.

Thanks folks

Jennifer

http://www.prelovedplacer.com/forums

Hello Jennifer,

I hope this helps guide you. I bought my GP 3000 about four months ago on eBay. It is stock as originally sold new in mint condition. I paid $1625. There wasn't a scratch on it. The seller included the part 1 & 2 CD discs of Jonathan Porter, on how to use this detector. Nothing beats mint condition. The discs were not advertised with it. But the seller and I made good friends with one another. He even helped with prospecting advice. Also when changing coils and batteries when to switch off the detector or leave it on. Great buying experience and guy I dealt with.

Good luck Jennifer

Jimmy

Thanks guys, sounds like the price I was thinking of is in the right ball park... much appreciated.... (have to sell so I can buy a 5000)... DROOOOOOL :)

Do you all think $3,500 is approx. right for a GPX-4500 (with stock accessories)?

Jennifer

Bill

I was contemplating on upgrading from a 4500 to a 5000 as I have read lots of good things about

the GPX 5000,could you elaborate a little more on how a souped up 3000 leaves the 5000 in the dust

what is it that you don't like about the 5000???

Thank you in advance.

RODD

Bill

I was contemplating on upgrading from a 4500 to a 5000 as I have read lots of good things about

the GPX 5000,could you elaborate a little more on how a souped up 3000 leaves the 5000 in the dust

what is it that you don't like about the 5000???

Thank you in advance.

RODD

the 5000 does not detect gold as deep as the 3000 and the 3500..just ask anyone that has either..what i dont like about the 5000 is i just droped $4100.00 on a new 5000...it pays to have a friend thats a dealer..and its performs no better than what i had before...

the 5000 does not detect gold as deep as the 3000 and the 3500..just ask anyone that has either..what i dont like about the 5000 is i just droped $4100.00 on a new 5000...it pays to have a friend thats a dealer..and its performs no better than what i had before...

Cool... so you'll trade my 3000 for your 5000 then? :)

Jen

Hi Bill,

I too would like that info on mods and Woody.

I believe that ML got it right the first time. But with restrictions such as timing, tuning, etc. we now have the 5K.

I can see in the future, hand held sensors that are wireless. Placed on the ground, transmitting to a central control box, then wired to a laptop. With a circular field of detecting possibilities. All controls that could be balanced through a link at the control box.

Maybe I'll have a second cup of coffee and wake up!--Jim

Archived