Gravity Dredge

Thinking about tryining it.. Am I gonna get arrested? lol And does it work? At least in California.

Ugs

Don't know about getting arrested, but I used a gravity dredge in N. CA for a few years...I plumbed up a 2.5" delivery system with about a 100' drop ... 40+psi into the venturi driver ... It was a pleasure to use ... No noise and it could suck the balls off a butterfly!!! :D If nothing else, it will help you evade others being attracted to motor noise .... It actually sucked better than the 3HP B&S driven pump I was using before on my 2.5" Gold King dredge ... Cheers, Unc

Uncle Ron is right, If you have enough drop they do work.

The long version:

Gravity dredges are legal under the California dredge ban. Section (d) says in whole:

(d) This section does not prohibit or restrict nonmotorized recreational mining activities, including panning for gold.

There is no provision in the California law to arrest or confiscate equipment for dredging. The maximum fine for power dredging without a permit is $1000. There have been no tickets written since the ban started nearly two years ago.

The short version:

Go suck some gold! :D

Clay

MinerDiggins

Subscribe to the NewDiggins Newsletter

You Guys are Glorious!

Sounds like the thing to do. Seen some vids on youtube and it looks like it works great. nvradar

Im still not a full year into this hobby.. Hahahah Cant wait for the knowledge.

Ugs

Archived