My day in the hills

Welp, went out at 4:30 this morning to take advantage of the cool weather......It was so humid it looked like smog on the way out to Bumble bee.

Got up there and did a lot of detecting on some ground I saw on google maps. Looked good from the air.

Well..........I think I found a place where a major battle was fought during WW2!

Bullets..........bullets everywhere!...We must have gotten 40 of them.

In the wash on the hills...everywhere. Also relized some airplanes will wreak havok on the 5000 and others wont...Donno whats up with that, maybe weaker/different radar?

So, after a while I broke out the gas/vac and sucked up a few spots in a creek. 2 Buckets worth.

Took it home and ran it through the trommel.

Guess what I got.......bullet schapnal...lots of it...oh also got 2 teeny flakes of gold. No real mining/tin junk just a bunch of lead.

Least I know if there was any kind of gold it would have been in that area that I sucked up.

We also hit a spot in Black Canyon. Really ugly to get in an out of. Gave the 4runner a workout. Lots of work done in there from the wetter season.

Big dredge holes and some high bank holes. Even found a bullet in one of their tailings piles.

Hit a nice target in some fractured granite bedrock..dig,pry,curse, pick dig, pry pick,curse, dig...Still there...dig beep dig beep... got a nice peice of tin shoved way down in a crevis.

Found a little house with a fireplace all made out of stone.

Ok,...its hot...im done. 4 hrs of sleep is catching up to me....heading home.

I got my fix for a few weeks till I start to get the itch again. smile.gif

Next trip............weaver. smile.gif

Enjoy.

Tom H

P.S. if you find some perscription glasses up there...could you give them to me? sad.gif(((

oldies 1955

You will find other ground that the Army had training before going over in WW2.If you go on I 40 in the direction of Nevada a club out there their claims are covered with 50 cal. and 30 06.Well the day wasn't a total loss and just getting out is part of the joy.

Chuck Anders

Oldies1955 guess a few pieces is better then nothing. Went down below Vegas like I told you, started to detect and a storm kick up and stayed around. Never got to detect after that nothing to show for but still was good to swing a little.

I hear ya....any day out is a good day! :)

Tom

I was looking at your pictures and I know the area real well, you might want to delete those pics as you were on a private claim, no sense in giving someone the evidence to mess with you, by the way that is a good area, I can give you a few spots close to there that are not claimed and you will have a good chance to hit something

I was looking at your pictures and I know the area real well, you might want to delete those pics as you were on a private claim, no sense in giving someone the evidence to mess with you, by the way that is a good area, I can give you a few spots close to there that are not claimed and you will have a good chance to hit something

Glenn:

Tks for the info...

We spent most of the day well above and closer to the freeway in a area I know is

not clamied.

Those pics were from the later part of the day were we were just 4 wheeling and messing around.

Tom