Field Instructions with Shep's Brother Doug

• Admin

Hello All,

This weekend I had several guys scheduled for field instructions, starting out a very busy winter season early. Shep's Brother Doug purchased a Minelab GPX5000 earlier this year,but wanted to wait until cooler weather before the field instructions. Doug and I covered all the settings/timings on the GPX5000 and spent the better part of the day searching for nuggets. Later in the afternoon, after probably 40-50 trash targets Doug found his second gold nugget (first being at Gold Basin). The nugget was just over a Dwt in size, but Doug was really excited to find it in the ground. Overall, Doug said he has a great time and learned a bunch of good information from the field instructions.

Doug and I also had some good talks about God, since Doug is a Christian Pastor for Youth.

Here are some shots of Doug below. Thanks once again for your business.

Rob Allison

Doug:

I met your bother this weekend at GB. Really nice guy.

I see a resemblence....just need a foot long beard, long hair and a hat! :)

Glad you found a nugget. Keep at it!

Tom

Rob, Bunk told me by the campfire about Doug getting out w/ you and finding a nugget. I called him the next day (got his voicemail) asked how big and how was the lesson. Talked to him a couple of times since (just got back back from GB).

Appreciate you taking care of him and getting him over another nugget!

Shep

• Admin

Hey Shep,

That weekend was a rough weekend for gold. I was hoping I could get your Brother over a couple more or even a larger one, but it seemed like trash and trash targets. Overall he said he had a great time and learned a bunch of stuff about the GPX5000. I spent some time with him, then my partner Dennis and later another friend worked with him. We all use the GPX5000's, but he picked up different info from each of us throughout the day.

Hope everything is well out the Mariposa way.

Rob Allison

Archived