A bit of metal detecting and some gold

• Admin

Hello All,

After a weekend of field instructions, I need a little bit of time on my own to swing the GPX5000. I found a couple interesting relics, one being an old tape measure and the second being a Old English Tobacco container. The date on the back of the Tobacco container says, "made in USA, 1890." :o Both of these items were found within some old placer workings besides the pick tips, boot tacks, wire and other iron rubbish that you normally find.

I also ended up with a few nuggets too boot for the weekend.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Ugh...Did last trip of the season.. Been in the game 5 months now.. Wish I had a detector.. Ended up diggin about a five foot deep by 3 foot wide hole between a couple old boulders on the flood line.. Found some stuff.. But I saw alot of ground that could be holdin.. Soon I guess..

UGs

Hello All,

After a weekend of field instructions, I need a little bit of time on my own to swing the GPX5000. I found a couple interesting relics, one being an old tape measure and the second being a Old English Tobacco container. The date on the back of the Tobacco container says, "made in USA, 1890." :o Both of these items were found within some old placer workings besides the pick tips, boot tacks, wire and other iron rubbish that you normally find.

I also ended up with a few nuggets too boot for the weekend.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Pretty cool Rob:

Its fun to find relics like that. Makes you look back and wonder.

Nice nuggets!

You sure do have a nose for the nugs. :)

Keep it up.

Tom

Archived