Minelab headache

Hey all:

Have any of you gotten a minelab headache before?

Up at GB on the second day at about noon I started getting a pounding headache. Went back to the truck and layed down...went away....went back about and about 20 mins into swinging it was pounding again.

Gave up around 3.

Only thing I can figure is I was straining my neck and arms a too much.

Think I will try the bungy system next time I go for a couple of days.

Tom

Do You use headphones? Could be that.... I use a bungee as much as I can, I will just snap it in if my arm feels fatigued. When you swing a coil no matter how heavy it is , it will take a toll on you, especially after an entire day of detecting. Maybe is was altitude sickness, as Gold basin is like 15 thousand feet ...isnt it ? :D

Second the hip stick.

1st time with the 5000, detector only.

Next time, the bungee that came with it.

Third time, hip stick and Docs qweegee bungee for 3 days and the 15 x12 coil. Back is a little tired but the hip stick makes the detector float in your hand. Won't go out without it. Now to get that damn skunk to stop following me.

Do You use headphones? Could be that.... I use a bungee as much as I can, I will just snap it in if my arm feels fatigued. When you swing a coil no matter how heavy it is , it will take a toll on you, especially after an entire day of detecting. Maybe is was altitude sickness, as Gold basin is like 15 thousand feet ...isnt it ? :D

Yo Adam:

Yup headphones all day every day. Could have been the constant low hum with no spikes. Donno.

Im definently going to try the bunjy next time. Dang body just doesnt work like it used to! Dern elbows are worn out. Legs work great though! Crips...I was just 21 a couple of months ago...I think? :) Gonna get a hip holder for the pick also. Seems I hang it around my neck a lot.

Tks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Here are a few things I do to minimize discomfort from out in the fields. I use Doc's swingy thingy bungee cord, no headphones, I use Doc's pocket rocket. Wear light colored Khaki hat/shirt, drink water and some diet or regular pepsi. It has a good amount of sodium in it. The sodium will prevent you from feeling faint or a drop in blood pressure. Often happens with heat exhaustion or feeling very dry. (Example dark urine). Gets you back your strength. Be safe!

A DOCTOR ONCE SAID TO ME LEARN TO BE KIND TO YOURSELF! Detecting can be hard hot work, learn to slow down and take your time, have a break and keep up fluids make sure you eat something sweet to keep blood sugar levels up. If you are detecting with a headache chances are you cant concentrate and you are missing faint signals anyway. Reduce the load on your body and minimise the amount of gear you are carrying, make your detecting as light and as comfortable as possible bungies, hipsticks all help. The other option is to use smaller lighter coils , easier to swing, will find more targets, and you are not digging huge holes chasing phantom targets. Stay cool good hunting Neilo

Archived