Askin for some help from hunter valley hunters

Shep, grub, any of you guys who know about the area way way back on hunter valley access road, just wondering about them gullys back there that go to the lake? we got about 5 miles back looks like we missed the lake by about 2 miles but the road was to washed out for my truck, going back with a quad ASAP to check some gullys out even if we have to chain saw our way in :D found one gully with fresh trails someone workin it maybe or pot growers :blink: anyhow any history you guys can share be appreciated...

post-8202-0-99730800-1318517008_thumb.jp

Vini, some good places back there, One gully has good gold, from the Juniper mine, and there is another, on the down hill side. Some claims. but most are not any good because no fee's were paid. Check with the recorders office in Mariposa. It a good detecting area, brushy, as hell. hard to work. but has good gold sometimes. . Grubstake

Grubstake we're way on the west side of bear valley road close to mcClure lake juniper mine is on the east side of bear valley road and isnt that private? the west side of bear valley is all BLM country.

Its hell to detect your right had shorts on next time pants and i found some spots with broken quartz coming down the hills im going to follow that quartz up the hill till i find the source :)

Vini, that all BLM on hunter Valley Access Road, after you pass the cattle guard. its BLM. Private before that. The name of the other mine was morning Star, it was owned by a guy in Bear Valley, until he died, he was in partners with some peole from San Francisco, You can drive almost to the lake on that road. On hunters Valley road Proper, there is a guy here in town, Mike Buttler, that has a claim, He only use's it for hang gliding, landings. Talk to him, Mike Buttlers Auto repair. He let people go out there all the time. Grubstake

yeah we pass right by the morning star mine, we almost made it to the lake but ruts in the road to deep for my 2 wheel drive truck, taking quad up i want to get to the lake next time.

Thank you for the info grubstake

Archived