Beginner Detector..

I am going to be making a purchase before the beginning of next season.. Never had a metal detector and I have decided to try one out.. I don't have 6 grand so my budget will be in the 1000$ range.. I was wondering what would be the detector I should get when looking for gold in the hills. The two I am trying to decide between is Minelab Eureka Gold Metal Detector(Very Low Freq. (VLF) Technology) or the Minelab X-Terra 705 "Gold Edition" Metal Detector

10-inch Elliptical 18.75kHz Searchcoil

"VFlex Technology - True Digital"

Just wanna hear your opinion boys..

Thanks

Ugs

Get a Gold Bug II

If you never detected before, a Vlf with auto GB might be the way to go. Some people have trouble ground balancing, also if you are new to detecting you are choosing the most difficult kind of detecting there is.

you could score a nice used minelab 2100 for a grand , that would be my choice, a little battery upgrade from Rob to 7.2 volts makes these detectors pretty sweet and they punch super deep.

If you never detected before, a Vlf with auto GB might be the way to go. Some people have trouble ground balancing, also if you are new to detecting you are choosing the most difficult kind of detecting there is.

Well... I gotta start somewhere... I didn't become the youngest and head Q.C. agent at my work cause of lack of detail.. ;) I Think im going Gold Bug 2 then.. I have pleanty of klinkers to use as test subjects..

Thanks Boys

Ugs

Well I busted my butt but I did it the ole fasioned way this year for my first time..

Sluice and Pan power! hahahah

post-39067-0-78574700-1319515356_thumb.j

Well... I gotta start somewhere... I didn't become the youngest and head Q.C. agent at my work cause of lack of detail.. ;) I Think im going Gold Bug 2 then.. I have pleanty of klinkers to use as test subjects..

Thanks Boys

Ugs

Ugs:

I have nothing to do with this sale...just noticed them on Craigslist..Its a good price!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/spo/2661722120.html

Tom

Thanks Boys

Ugs

Good luck

Actually I agree with tracker....That Gold Bug Pro may be just the ticket, TrinityAU and others seem to really enjoy it , and its cheaper than a new Gold Bug II.

my 2 cents the G2! or gold pro same thing but the G2 comes with the nice coil, then buy the 5in one later. great service by first texas products and both were designed by dave johnson both made by first texas also! You can figure them out very easy with the screen to look at that runs the visual ID apart from the audio. Nice feature. Both do this also! buy both! ha ha kidding.

In my opinion you need to decide on what application you need a detector for.

I think the Eureka Gold for general detecting would be the first choice because

you can buy the round 8" DD Minelab coil and the 15" WOT from Coiltek giving you

a wider range of debth and sensativity with the three frequency settings. I have one with

an external Doc's Gold screamer and speaker, it's my backup to my GPX4500.

For bedrock and river beds I think the Gold Bug Pro would be the ticket with the 5"coil

it's also waterproof and more automatic features. I have one it's killer especially with

all of the trash you can eliminate, you can also add the 11" COIL later.

Miner49

Archived