Got some more yellow!

Welp....took my dad out today to do some detecting. Started out slow...didnt get anything out of a wash for about a half mile. Then I hit one...then nothing for about a 1/4 mile...then they really started popping up. smile.gif

God really decided to bless us today!

Found all of them right in the middle of the creek. Most were down inside the bedrock and had to be chipped out.

Was having problems with a area of really hot bedrock and had a target. Kept running the bedrock over the detector as I pulled it out and it was setting the detector off. Figured I was on a hot area...but I said, im gonna dig this stuff out because it just sounds too good.

Welp....got the 7 grammer out of it smile.gif

I was even getting some of the small ones through pretty big rocks that I had to pry out.

The really big one 1.2 oz was just a wisper when I hit it....ok, im lying. It sounded like a garbage can lid!

I figured it was just some kind of sheetmetal, dug down about 10 inches and scooped it up. You can imagine my suprise seeing it in my spoon! Holy cow!!!

I could not belive it. After I calmed down I kicked all the dirt back in the hole. Oh wait. Suppose to recheck the hole...heck it gave out another one of the small ones.

It was a really great day. Nice and cool out. Dad had a good time and we found some gold.

Total for the day was 1.94 oz.

Enjoy.

Tom H.

post-33762-0-68671000-1320461515_thumb.j

• Admin

Hey Tom,

That just plain out awesome to see, most importantly with your Father. Heck, within just about 3-4 trips you have scored nearly 3 ounces of gold, almost paying for your new Minelab GPX5000. I think this should make a believer out of anyone thinking it can't be done. There is so much gold to be found for the guy (like yourself) that will spent the time, effort and research to track it down.

Keep finding the gold, my GPX5000 sales are off the charts!! Haha ... :o

That being said, I'm surprised you made that long drive down there. :ph34r:

Hope to see more gold in the near future. Thanks once again for your friendship and business.

Rob Allison

Hey Tom,

That just plain out awesome to see, most importantly with your Father. Heck, within just about 3-4 trips you have scored nearly 3 ounces of gold, almost paying for your new Minelab GPX5000. I think this should make a believer out of anyone thinking it can't be done. There is so much gold to be found for the guy (like yourself) that will spent the time, effort and research to track it down.

Keep finding the gold, my GPX5000 sales are off the charts!! Haha ... :o

That being said, I'm surprised you made that long drive down there. :ph34r:

Hope to see more gold in the near future. Thanks once again for your friendship and business.

Rob Allison

Tks Rob:

Thats the biggest thing...just keep at it no matter how many skunks you get.Every time I go out I learn a little more. The gold is still out there, you just have to be willing to drive over some really crappy roads and do a lot of hiking.Belive me, I feel it the next 2 days! I almost threw up going into that place with the woopdy doos and turns. :)

But, it was worth it.

Tom H.

I'm out hunting right now and almost crapped my pants reading that!!!!' wow what a success!

Good luck to you out there!

Hope you get some of the yellow stuff.

Tom H.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to be with your dad and finding yellow too....

paul

you are blessed, no doubt!!!!

It's awesome to see large Gold coming out of Arizona. I've had to go to Alaska to get the big ones.I'm still planning to join the 1 OZ. club this year.Dave

Dave:

Tks. It is exciting to find this bigger stuff.

Keep at it. You will find that 1 oz. Its out there. Just have to hit the right area and get the coil over it.

But, remember...those little guys are the bread and butter...they all add up. :)

Tom H.

Can't wait for my new detector and springtime.. :)

Tom how long you been hunting? You seem to have a seasoned attitude about finding a 1+ oz'er.

Welp:

I am by no means seasoned at metal detecting. Ive only been doing it since Mar. of this year. Im a rookie.

I did do a lot of dredging and drywashing in the early 80s but didnt do any kind of prospecting from 84-2011.

I guess that kind of seasoned me about the gold game and how it works. Some days you do really good...most days you dont. :)

Tom

Archived