Happy Thanksgiving to all, wait until next year!

I guess what really irks me is that many Republicans and especially the tea party faction portray anyone who recieves Social Security or uses Medicare as leeches who are a drain on society . I would say that at least 95% of retired folks recieve these benefits after having paid into the system all their lives. Are all these people really leeches?

The problem is that the liberal democrats in congress have allowed the government to use it for other budget items. And the democratic voters have voted them in so that they can take from the workers and give to the non-workers.

For example, In many cases, there are those who have never paid any premiums and yet get the benefits long before retirement age is reached. Only in those cases are benefits labeled as an entitlement. For some (none workers) it is an entitlement and to others (workers) it is a annuity payment. Most, if not all of the entitlement receivers, vote democrat.

SS and Medicare taxes to some are really insurance premiums, but, the government cannot use the revenue for any other budget items unless they legally (act of congress) label it as taxes.

Again, liberal democrats are either confused, misinformed, to what the government is doing to them. Otherwise, one could not be a democrat.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I heard someone mention my name when they said Redneck so I thought i would chime in....I hate to say it but it was rednecks who built this great nation we call America...not the person who does not know which end of the screw driver to hold or from which end to shoot the gun. I heard some valid points brought by all who have posted so far and it is really sad what is happenning in this great country. we all have something in common with those who built especially the West as it was the Cattlemen and the miners. We all need to pray for our Country and it's leadership and pull together as true blooded Americans would do.

Steve

AMEN Steve!

And while debate and airing of opinions is always good. One truth remains the same. "A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

So I am not going to change the way someone thinks, and no one is going to change the way I think. Only we can educate ourselves and either solidify our beliefs, or begin to re-evaluate the beliefs we have in face of new evidence to the contrary.

So regardless of who is in office or who may be in office, at this point in our history, unfortunately it seems as far as politics go, we are often faced with a choice that is not who is the better person, we are given a choice of who will do the least harm.

We need to start all over with term limits, just as someone suggested. I mean does it really make sense that someone spends $5 million to run for congress to land a job that pays $180,000 a year? Something is fishy in Denmark, and it ain't the carp.

It's no wonder we don't have any good decent politicians, what decent person would want to associate with these slimy types that wheel and deal in the Congress of our United States.

So what are we left with? We are left with our prayers that some how, some way, God will watch over us all and keep us safe... and help us all find a 1 ounce nugget. :rolleyes:

Doc

Hi all,

I heard someone mention my name when they said Redneck so I thought i would chime in....I hate to say it but it was rednecks who built this great nation we call America...not the person who does not know which end of the screw driver to hold or from which end to shoot the gun. I heard some valid points brought by all who have posted so far and it is really sad what is happenning in this great country. we all have something in common with those who built especially the West as it was the Cattlemen and the miners. We all need to pray for our Country and it's leadership and pull together as true blooded Americans would do.

Steve

On statements concerning President Bush.

Yes, it was Bush's administration that went into Iraq. For that reason of WMD. But it was a native Iraqi intelligence person who admitted on public TV that it was him. That he lied to America about WMD to remove Sadaam Hussein. But Iraqi's like this guy remember all to well the gasing of the people there to the north of Iraq. Under Sadaam's dictatorship. Just like it was Iraq intelligence that led to the killing "by us so called bad American's" by disclosing Osama's whereabouts. So you see, that statement works both ways.

It was the cowards of militant muslim extremeists that hid among it's people. When intelligence pointed to those specific target locations they were attacked. Unless you prefer innocent American soldiers keep getting killed to try and liberate those people who wanted it. But had no way or funds, resources, living in a suppressed dictatorship of a country. Such as Iran and Cuba. Were you there as a freedom fighting soldier? Did not the energy of the people of Egypt and Libya fight for there liberty and freedom. Revolution is started by one man with a vision. Not the likes of cowards hiding under the dress of women and children. These are all liberalists ideals yet some here do not realize the backbone of the liberal movement. But twist it to their own brainwashed minds of sheeple.

Yes it was a century ago or so when American's and other countries cared for those poor suppressed countries. Then some 50 years ago the USA became known as the 911 of the world. Yet everyone hates us. Including those that presently reside here. But still everyone wants to come to America. Why is that?

For decades I always adopted the heck with other countries. I live in America, it's us first. Only then to realize this is a global economy and global stock market. If Greece goes down we all do to a extent. We all effect one another. It's no more just about us. Compassion for others is originally a liberal ideal.

That liberal ideal, let's cop out and blame Bush for the last few years, real intelligent. Let's take another step back if that's your philosophy. Let's blame President Clinton. For screwing around in our white house. With the first lady upstairs. How commendable of him. Even today President Clinton stated raising taxes is a bad idea. He just recently shaked hands with Newt Gingrich that guy who led the way to his impeachment. President Clinton likes Gingrich's platform.

Racism, Bush had Condelessa Rice as secretary of state. Third highest office in the country. If anything happened to both Bush and Cheney then, she would of been president. Colin Powell another black person who was chairman of the joint chiefs of staff if I remember correctly. So even if there are some racists and there will always be. There wasn't enough to not elect President Obama, was there.

Cheney, I always was suspicious of a conflict of interest between him and Haliburton.

Please excuse any spelling errors. Hope to us all for a better new year.

Hey, Doc...I don't disagree with everything you say nor do I agree...I simply get tired of your irrational rants against Mr. Obama and his wife...

I have always respected anyone's right to an opinion but I do not and will not stand silent and still while you spew your rabid anti-Obama comments...he sure didn't start this mess and he won't be the last to profit from it...

with respect

Fred mason

Hey, Doc...I don't disagree with everything you say nor do I agree...I simply get tired of your irrational rants against Mr. Obama and his wife...

I have always respected anyone's right to an opinion but I do not and will not stand silent and still while you spew your rabid anti-Obama comments...he sure didn't start this mess and he won't be the last to profit from it...

with respect

Fred mason

Here is your chance Fred!! What has Obama done good for this country!! Simple question for you.

Well if anyone thinks that Obama and this administration is in favor of less gun control, less control on mining, less control on gas and oil exploration better wake up. Obama says one thing then has his appointees do something else. This whole FAST AND FURIOUS affair was designed to blame the law abiding gun owner but backfired on this administration. When this first surfaced Senator Boxer got on her soapbox and was ready with new gun control proposals. All you have to do is look at which party supports more gun control and supports overwhelmingly the environmental movement throughout this country, which I might add has done nothing but lock up our own natural resources and closed us out of our public lands, its the DEMOCRATIC PARTY. Look at California as an example, who supported the dredging ban? DEMOCRATS!! I'm a conservative republican and a tea party supporter and I don't believe in killing social security or medicare, I paid into both. They are not entitlement programs to those who have paid into them, only to those that receive benefits that never paid into them. And as someone mentioned here, most don't know what the Constitution says. Obama is one of them or he just doesn't care what it says. Now can someone tell me what country has ever taxed itself into prosperity?

Sorry I'm not to piss anyone off, this is just my 3 or 4 cents. Its all the change I have left!

Wes

The problen now, is trying to educated a few on how to reduce the spending below 18% of GDP instead of having a 25% of GDP since Obama in office inorder to survive. He is like a teenager running loose with Mom and Dads credit cards. I'm not sure a few can saavy this math. Read page one again for the recap.

Well Claimjumper...as is true for most you miss the point...I have not said Mr. Obama has done anything for anyone...except for his own self. I have not said that Doc is wrong nor right...I said it don't matter which party or person gets elected the show will be the same with slightly different casting...

But if you want to know what his most important contribution to this United states of America is, I will give my unlettered and humble opinion...are you ready...can you stand the truth???

Mr Obama proved that anyone of any racial mixture can hope for and obtain the highest office and greatest honor the citizens of this country can bestow...he, a half black, half white person of humble origin was elected President...no one can take that away. Every Intelligent, Thinking citizen of this country should appauld that fact!!! It does not matter if you voted for him or against, by the rules and laws that so many of you people love to claim to honor Mr. Obama won...

live with it

and get over it

and vote all the bastards out at the next election

Fred

Well Claimjumper...as is true for most you miss the point...I have not said Mr. Obama has done anything for anyone...except for his own self. I have not said that Doc is wrong nor right...I said it don't matter which party or person gets elected the show will be the same with slightly different casting...

But if you want to know what his most important contribution to this United states of America is, I will give my unlettered and humble opinion...are you ready...can you stand the truth???

Mr Obama proved that anyone of any racial mixture can hope for and obtain the highest office and greatest honor the citizens of this country can bestow...he, a half black, half white person of humble origin was elected President...no one can take that away. Every Intelligent, Thinking citizen of this country should appauld that fact!!! It does not matter if you voted for him or against, by the rules and laws that so many of you people love to claim to honor Mr. Obama won...

live with it

and get over it

and vote all the bastards out at the next election

Fred

Your right Fred. I guess if you are a good liar and can read a teleprompter and promise people stuff you will never deliver he is great!!

Fred, you made some good points for the reputation of America. To the known fact that anyone can be president. This is a great achievement for blacks, minorities and for Mr. Obama himself. But we should not venture in voting along discrimination lines. For we as a nation cannot blame past history. Just try not to repeat the mistakes of it.

What's great about America, we see republican then democratic presidents. Which tells us all that Americans vote on the issues and past performances.

In last years election, the house was turned over to the republicans. Throughout America, in cities and state elections major advances were won by republicans. That should tell American politicians that Americans are unpleased with the current affairs with our nation. Who pays? The current party in control of the white house and there constituents.

I see no promised significant change in our housing market, jobs, economy, etc. But there was a brief comeback in the stock market. Which is still volatile to say the least.

Americans spoke up in their votes last year. Tea Party movement ideals are growing ever so popular. Obamacare mandate now goes to the United States Supreme Court entered by states. Much disharmony now throughout America.

It's time for real change. Obama had his shot, so most Americans will probably vote republican. If that person doesn't work out, it will probably go back to democrats. Which is the way it's been through the decades. JMHO

with respect

Fred mason

Fred. That was exactly what I was trying to say, you just said it better . Mr. Obama hasn't been able to get much done ,good or bad, because the Republican majority has blocked everything he has tried to do. So it is a stalemate. And we haven't solved any problems with this thread or changed anybody's mind.----Stalemate . Bob

Bob, I respect you and love ya man but you can't blame the Republicans for Obama and his party for not getting anything accomplished. Republicans have only had control of the House of Representatives since the elections of 2010, democrats still control the senate. In fact the democrats had the majority in the house the last two years of the Bush administration. Obama had his way for the first two years of his administration with the democrats total control of the house and senate, the republicans couldn't stop any democratic legislation. He got everything he wanted until the people stood up and started to voice there opinion. That was the birth of the tea party. I didn't see any by-partisanship taking place in his first two years.

Wes.

When the president takes office he is sworn in and takes an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies both foreign and domestic. My interpretation of Obama Care is that it is unconstitutional, historically the way Democrats try to manipulate our 2nd amendment rights is unconstitutional. The fast and Furious scandal that got a Border Patrol agent murdered is criminal. When our rights as citizens to defend ourselves is taken then whoever is in charge will be able to take the constitution and wipe their butt with it one last time and there isn't a thing we can do about it. The bad guys will still have their guns to do what ever they want as usual. Gun laws only affect the people who don't commit violent acts with guns. Obama shies away from any gun control speak because he knows it will cost him an election. If he gets elected to a 2nd term our 2nd amendment rights will be washed away by a stacked supreme court.

The main reason I bring up gun control is that it is a blatant abuse of our constitutional rights that I know a little about. In my opinion anybody that holds an elected position that is sworn to protect and defend any of our constitutional rights and doesn't needs to be removed and charged with treason and lying under oath. We must demand that our elected officials starting with our local sheriff is held accountable for protecting and defending the Constitution. They all swear to under oath before they take office.

Thanks Hawkeye (Wes) for your post. I was going to write a follow up to Montana's post. Concerning that the dems didn't have enough time. Knowing that for two or three years they had a dem president, house and senate. But thanks to you that's done.

Another point, it's not about stalemates. Between just those here posting. There are guests and those who are undecided for our next election.

I always felt a split house and senate is a good thing. Plus that with a different party president. Hoping that politicians would then be forced to sit down and work things out. Not just blank check politics by any president with the same party congress. If things then don't get passed by the split of parties. They would have to work together harder. Or forget that issue. Thus proceed slowly and carefully with change.

As we all know, Montana Bob is an icon to gold prospecting. He doesn't remember me, but he's a cool, funny guy. As many of you know already. He's the type you would like to hang with. I'm sorry we disagree. But you are still one of the best in my book.

Well, since this is still going I will say this;We don't have to agree...or comply, that is what this country is about...

Joe, if violating the Oath to uphold the Constitution were a capital offense...there would be way less politicians, judges and beauacrats standing in the way...

Thank you for bearing my opinions. If any of you want to stop in my camp for coffee, or whatever is cooking, you are welcome...

with or without agreeing with me...

fred

Well, since this is still going I will say this;We don't have to agree...or comply, that is what this country is about...

Joe, if violating the Oath to uphold the Constitution were a capital offense...there would be way less politicians, judges and beauacrats standing in the way...

Thank you for bearing my opinions. If any of you want to stop in my camp for coffee, or whatever is cooking, you are welcome...

with or without agreeing with me...

fred

It needs to be a punishable offense and if a politician violates it, it needs to be a capital offense.

I think Rob should do what a lot of prospecting forums do.

Make a thread heading for political stuff.

Then we wouldn't have to be hijacked by this kind of thread.

For me, DOC's hot-button topic was a poor choice for Thanksgiving.

When it comes to politics there are very few people who are going to have their views changed by reading a rant on a gold forum.

The only time there will be a change in politics is when there is a change in people.

It's a long way off and it starts by working on yourself.

Archived