Happy Thanksgiving to all, wait until next year!

I think Rob should do what a lot of prospecting forums do.

Make a thread heading for political stuff.

Then we wouldn't have to be hijacked by this kind of thread.

for me, DOC's hot-button topic was a poor choice for Thanksgiving.

When it comes to politics there are very few people who are going to have their views changed by reading a rant on a gold forum.

The only time there will be a change in politics is when there is a change in people.

It's a long way off and it starts by working on yourself.

Well said Flak,

Joe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't visit this forum to read some someones misguided view on President

Obama.

Misguided?? And exactly how have we been misguided? And as to who elected Obama it was the media, without them and their one sided views we probably would have a Republican in the White House now. To them Obama could do no wrong...

Hey guys, I just thought I had to respond to Docs post to make it clear that all prospectors don't hate our current president. Many prospectors apparently do though. I regularly hunt nuggets with guys who have opposing political views and do not let that affect the friendships. I wouldn't let anything that has been said on this thread keep me from becoming friends with those who have voiced their opinions even if they are totally the opposite of mine. Now I can wish everyone a belated happy thanksgiving . With record black friday and internet sales in the last week, maybe we will see our economy rebound despite and without meddling by any politicians as it has many times in the past. It really is hard to stop the American economy and I think next year will be much better than this one no matter who gets elected. ---Bob

I would like to inject just one more thought here, then I'm done with this discussion until the next concerned citizen comes along here, and complains a legal/political issue not knowing the source behind the cause and effect. I know and realize that I could be wasting my time with some here also. I do have in my family, Democrats who have cherished FDR [the great society],and my feelings for them have never changed. Also a different skin colored wife who recognizes oppression at its best from another country. With all of my friends here, and that being said who know me and would have trusted their own lives in my hands, and some which have did so. I have another challenge here.

Sometimes this gets frustrating because I don't necessarily think about myself as I do the welfare of others including my own children/grandchildren. It has been the nature of my job description, and has been for many years. I'm really worried about our situation this time around though. It is like being in a tail spin, and do we have enough rudder to turn this plane out of it before we hit the ground together this time around.

This is how uninformed some can be though. Example: Many think Bill Clinton was responsible for a record economy outcome during his term. In 1994 a balanced budget, and a GDP surplus was forecasted later to happen afterwards from that date above. I remember that year event that caused my investment decisions. I still to this day watch C-Span, and observe the House and Senate in live action.

One needs to know which party was responsible for writing and proposing those Bills to be brought before the House floors voted on, and it is our responsiblity to know who that party was, and who was in the majority House and Senate proposing those Bills at that time. Newt G. was also the engineer of the balance budget spending also during Clintons term. If anyone here can tell me differently of how these bills were constructed, and managed to pass through the floor at that time, and tell me how President Clinton could have either vetoed them, or passed them, and why he chose that pathway, I'm all ears.

The House and Senate majority at that time saved Clintons rear end the way I see it.

PS. Please stay on top of this, and be informed as we have another problem with Iran, China, and Russia at this time. Even Biden said OB would be tested 2 years ago. It's up to OB to get some respect for the USA this time.

We have become too soft. Too many of us now think solely about our rights and not our responsibility. America was founded on the idea of COLLECTIVE rights and INDIVIDUAL responsibility but is now so far off track that most of us have been fooled by a lie that is cunning in nature. The lie is this. America is about individual rights and collective responsibility. That is where I think Obama is way off. The switching of two words may seem subtle to a school child but the effects on our way of thinking as a society are monumental. It is this way if thinking that leads large numbers of Americans to become passive and lazy. To collect food stamps and hordes of other entitlements. Let's return to the collective rights, we all have the same rights to seek opportunities. But far more important lets teach our young poeple about individual responsibility as a means to real freedom and success. Only that way can a man live free of debt and entitlements. A good read on the subject is Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer.

Archived