My first detector gold...

I finally found my first gold with my Tesoro LoboST. I hunted with a guy from another forum this morning, and had dug a couple of targets. I was finding shot and bullet fragments, so I knew my ears were dialed. Then after chasing a phantom target to about 14 inches, he told me I could detect the shallower bedrock by him. Second target after I move...Bang...yellow. Then I moved up the basin a hundred yards or so...then scored my second. The size of the second piece suprised me. Now I know I can find sub grain gold. PI craters all around us, but I stayed persistent.

The bigger one was the first, and the little speck was the second. Dime for size reference.

I had fun...the gold was just a bonus.

post-39082-0-32897600-1322531554_thumb.j

I finally found my first gold with my Tesoro LoboST. I hunted with a guy from another forum this morning, and had dug a couple of targets. I was finding shot and bullet fragments, so I knew my ears were dialed. Then after chasing a phantom target to about 14 inches, he told me I could detect the shallower bedrock by him. Second target after I move...Bang...yellow. Then I moved up the basin a hundred yards or so...then scored my second. The size of the second piece suprised me. Now I know I can find sub grain gold. PI craters all around us, but I stayed persistent.

The bigger one was the first, and the little speck was the second. Dime for size reference.

I had fun...the gold was just a bonus.

Good job on finding gold!

Now your hooked. :)

Tom

Archived