Not on here much

Just wanted to let everyone know, I'm not on here much anymore, Wifes sick, I'm really sick, and we have DR. apointments almost every other day for one of us. Haven't been detecting, too sick to swing. I'm afraid my detecting days are almost gone for good, My heart just won't let me do what I want to do. When not at the DRS. most of my free time is spent in bed. So I'll be here from time to time. But not like I was before. Grubstake

Thanks Guys, its hell not to beable to do what you love to do. I can still get out, but I'm limited to just an hour or two, and my wife says, no going by myself. I tend to pass out, when getting up or down. low blood flow so the doc's say. Besides, I just plain don't feel like going. Been detecting since I got out of the Army in 73, and I had a great run, But my body says slow down. Grubstake

Yes, I would love to move to AZ. but Dorthy is seated in her church too much to move, and I know that if I don't last long, she will have a way to get around, she doe's not drive, and can't get a LIC. because of her diabete's and glacoma, besides, I'd have to sell everything I got, I'm not able to move it. Got the Va hospital only two hours away, and most of my family too. I guess I'm stuck here. Besides I want to be buried in the new National cemetary they opened at FT. Ord, in Monterey. Thats where I grew up most of my years. Grubstake

Sendin Prayers

Ugs

God Bless You Grubstake. You served your country. Your thinking of others once again, your wife. My prayers and strong thoughts of your heroism has a deep inner understanding to me. I myself also dealing with Dioxin aka agent orange from the past. Dealing myself with respiratory and gastric problems as an authorized world trade center responder and firefighter. I never filed for disability. Now having cancer, there's one thing we will always have. Our spirit, integrity, and if someone else is in danger. If we still have a breath left and are physically able to move. We would be the firsts one's there to help. How can we do otherwise. Good luck brother.

Give my best to the Mrs.

Semper Fi

Jimmy

God bless you and your family Grubstake. My prayers are with you also. I can tell even though I've never met you, your a man that is made out of piano wire and rawhide. Another words, one tough man God made with His own hands.

Keep us posted on your situation when you can, and if there is anyway I can be of help from the state of Texas, let me know. I'll PM you my contact info.

Mark

God Bless You Grubstake, you and all the heroic Men / women who have unselfishly served this Great Nation in the Military and Civil Service Departments as FireFighters and Police.

Theres alot to be said for a person that lives this type of life. I never served in the Armed Forces due to Tone deafness and serious back injury at age 19 (They wouldnt take me) but I admire the men/women who have and do currently. It shows the type of person you are,Grub, still considering others (the Mrs) before yourself.

Get on here whenever you can I always enjoy yous posts and we can all learn from youe knowledge/experiences.

Bill

Steve, You know when your in pain all the time, it gets old, I'm ready, got my ducks in a row. Who knows how much time I have left, but I'm spending most of my free time in bed, taking lots of nitro, Gota chemical stress test on the 8th of DEC. wife has surgery on the 7th. Its just hell when you can't do things you love to do. time will tell. Thanks Gary

Gary,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I am glad to see you are still thinking of someone else more than yourself. Like someone else said, that shows your true color.

I still hope to get to see you on this side, but if not, you and others on here know, this little journey ain't the end of it all... just a tune up, amen.

I'm keeping you in my prayers and God bless you for all you have done to help others!!!

Paul

Been detecting since I got out of the Army in 73, and I had a great run, Grubstake

Salute Grubstake.

Perhaps if you're up for it you could share some of your detecting stories with us. What was is like to detect in the 70's and 80's? Did you start finding alot more gold when the PI's came out? Do you think the "glory days" of detecting for gold is over?

Christ be with you.

Well I used to just detect the beaches and parks, found my shre of Gold rings and Diamonds, lots of old coins, even a 1811 french 20 franc coin, it said Napolian Emporer, I dredged on the american and the Merced rivers, got pounds of gold, started detecting for gold back in the early 80s, with an old Garrett Ground hog, and moved up to a Tesoro Eldorado, My brothers an I had claims on Moccosin Creek, north of here we worked by hand and with a dredge, I think the new PI just opened the gold fields up, lots of gold still to be had in the right places. I'll post more later. I have lots of stories, about gold, coins and Diamond rings, I've found. I'll be back on. Grubstake

Hi Gary,

Hey pard, I've noticed you have been much less active on the forums, and have missed reading your helpful input!

Please know I think about your situation, and wish there were a way to quickly help my military brothers have the rightful attention given to the issues they have today, as a result of their military service.

I know there are organizations that do a lot of good for vets nowadays, but it seems that the older V.N. era guys issues get lost in the cracks of government b.s. and get put on the bottom shelf for later review...

I know that your wife's health issues weigh heavily on you, that is just a fact of life. and, it does take a lot of your paying attention to those same issues by you, to ensure that she is able to literally live, from one day to the next. That is what good men do, when the situation arises.

Take care, my friend,

~LARGO~

Yeh, you bet Gary. She has Glacoma, and her sugar levels go as high as 650 sometimes, and she has lung problems too on top of that, DRS. said she is taking enoght insulin for 5 people, she is on two kinds, and a floating doe's, Most people would be in a coma at 400, but she is insulin resistant, they really don't know what to do , just playing it by ear. Gary

Gary,

Not sure what method of dosing the insulin Dorothy uses, but f.y.i., my wife 's dr. prescribed her using an insulin pump, which darned near killed her, as it never worked correctly, gave her overdoses of insulin, of course making her insulin readouts go over 800, not good. Those insulin pumps they send out were never new, always rebuilt, at least the ones my wife was sent by the pump manufacturer. Now, she uses an insulin pen, which is much better, puts out accurate insulin doses every time, no need to refrigerate or anything... and the measuring is all done with a twist of the pen, based on her glucose reading at the time.

I think she uses a couple of different varieties of insulin, one being from human cadavers, the other is from pig liver, if I am not mistaken. The only down side with that, is if something comes across funny, and where before she might laugh, she now squeals... :o

Gary

No Gary, the insulin pump won't work for Dorthy, she takes Lantis and humalog 75/40 two diffent insulins, and self in-jects, some time she has to fill the needle twice, to get enough insulin. 4 times a day she has to do this. Not fun for sure. Me I'm eatting nitro like candy, trying to get past her surgery, I really need to be in the hospital, but She comes first. Gary

The answer to the age old question! What comes first the Chicken or the EGG! Is the Wife doe's! Ha! Ha! Gary

Archived