Thinking about getting into Prospecting

Samuel,

Firstly, if you take some time (the way everyone eventually has to do), and read back through

the many topics in this and other forums, you will find a huge amount of information.

As far as a detector goes, you will benefit from some research there too.

There will be all sorts of opinions you will eventually have to sift through.

If you read up on some of the different machines you will have some background to draw from.

Most people who look for gold will recommend either a MineLab pulse induction detector or a VLF detector

like a Fischer Gold Bug or something like it..

Research will be a huge help as most people's answers to your questions need some sort of context.

Best of luck

Flak

Another thing I'd recommend is to join one of the local prospecting clubs. You can talk directly to the members and see how its done during a field trip. Buy a book about prospecting and read it. Better to take your time and learn rather than rush in. As Flak says, there is a lot of info here that you can search through reading old threads.

The first question of nearly every new guy is "what detector should I buy?" - so its been addressed many times.

Forum, forum , forum,,,club. club, club, field test with everyone who will take you..... the last thing to do....get a detector!

I only bought a decent detector after i had read this forum, and had went out with a prospecting school in Congress, for at least 3 months..then i jumped on a detector everyone here agreed was a good one.

I also had the benefit of the owner taking me on a hunt or two to explain how it is done.....

Listen at the gold shows, watch everyone,

Try to keep your mouth shut and listen better than i did and it won't take you near as long to learn... :spank::lol:

You will make mistakes, but hey, that's part of the fun,,,,

one note of caution~~~ dont try to ride your quad up a 60% grade on Rich Hill, unless you have on cacti proof underwear!!!!

paul

alias--prickly paul

Forum, forum , forum,,,club. club, club, field test with everyone who will take you..... the last thing to do....get a detector!

I only bought a decent detector after i had read this forum, and had went out with a prospecting school in Congress, for at least 3 months..then i jumped on a detector everyone here agreed was a good one.

I also had the benefit of the owner taking me on a hunt or two to explain how it is done.....

Listen at the gold shows, watch everyone,

Try to keep your mouth shut and listen better than i did and it won't take you near as long to learn... :spank::lol:

You will make mistakes, but hey, that's part of the fun,,,,

one note of caution~~~ dont try to ride your quad up a 60% grade on Rich Hill, unless you have on cacti proof underwear!!!!

paul

alias--prickly paul

Ewwwww.....

Hopefully it was just prickly pear or buckhorn Cholla.....NOT the regular ball Cholla(teddy bear)!

That stuff is the worse.

Dont ask my how I know. :)

Either way...they all hurt :o

Tom H.

Ewwwww.....

Hopefully it was just prickly pear or buckhorn Cholla.....NOT the regular ball Cholla(teddy bear)!

That stuff is the worse.

Dont ask my how I know. :)

Either way...they all hurt :o

Tom H.

Hahahah you desert boys are somthin else.. lol..

paul

alias--prickly paul

What Paul said.

p.s. I got very prickly on far less than 60% grade (Note to self: Look BEFORE exiting quad).

Archived