Rob Allison - Down for the Count

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob, When is your surgery? I am sad because of your injury! Wrists are tough beasts! How long is the projected rehab? Take care my friend! Say hello to Leverite and Dawn for me !

regards

Karl

Hey Rob

It's been a week now and just thought I would ask how it is going

I sure your not in therapy yet

are you in a cast or just wrapped up and in a sling

are you going to get up to your mining claim by Stanton one of these days

give me a shout I'd stop over and meet you and we could hi 5's (left handed maybe)

Roger

• Admin

Hey All,

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I start PT Monday morning. Wrist is very stiff and weak. I can't move thumb very well at all, other fingers move and work well. Not much strenght in gripping stuff yet. Still very sore, weak and some swelling.

Never realized from not using a hand or wrist for just a few weeks that you could loose that much strenght and mobility. A friend mentioned he was in a bed for a month and had to re-learn how to walk .... :angry2:

Can't wait to get that detector handle back in my hand. The weather is great right now, missing out on nuggets! :wub: However, way too weak and not work a re-injury to the site for a nugget or two (unless they are retirement nuggets).

Thanks guys.

Rob Allison

"Never realized from not using a hand or wrist for just a few weeks that you could loose that much strenght and mobility. A friend mentioned he was in a bed for a month and had to re-learn how to walk ...."

OK, just an observation, but if your friend broke his wrist and stayed in bed because he had to learn to walk again, I think he was faking it. I'm pretty sure the nerves in your wrist are not connected to your legs. :rolleyes:

Hope you have a fast recovery.

When I had shoulder surgery, afterwards I couldn't even lift a three pound weight. I had to stay in bed 3 weeks and learn to smell all over again. :blink:

(I know what you were saying but it just was worded funny.)

Doc

Hey All,

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I start PT Monday morning. Wrist is very stiff and weak. I can't move thumb very well at all, other fingers move and work well. Not much strenght in gripping stuff yet. Still very sore, weak and some swelling.

Never realized from not using a hand or wrist for just a few weeks that you could loose that much strenght and mobility. A friend mentioned he was in a bed for a month and had to re-learn how to walk .... :angry2:

Can't wait to get that detector handle back in my hand. The weather is great right now, missing out on nuggets! :wub: However, way too weak and not work a re-injury to the site for a nugget or two (unless they are retirement nuggets).

Thanks guys.

Rob Allison

Hey Rob...switch your detector to the other hand...

I am sure your rehab people will give you lots of exercises...but, to get a jump on rebuilding your grip, try this; take a sheet of newspaper and slowly crumple it up using only your fingers and thumb of the injured hand...after you are stonger get a racket-ball and squeeze it...when you get real strong use a new tennis ball...or go to a diary and milk the cows morning and night...

best wishes

fred

Archived