Minelab Sold?

Heard a rumor from a fairly reliable source that Minelab or it's parent company has been sold to some Indoniason concern of some sort, details lacking. Any details/confirmation/denial appreciated.

Sorry about the spelling - damned spell checker not working on this forum.

Mike

Well Minelab was sold to CODAN, but that happened a couple of years ago. CODAN is an extremely large company with many different divisions.

Now a lot of Minelab detectors are made at one of CODAN's manufacturing plants in Malaysia. Is this what you are referring to?

Updated February 15, 2008 15:07:00

1043820-3x2-340x227.jpg

Communications company Codan has announced a $70 million takeover of another South Australian business Minelab, which makes metal and landmine detection devices.

Codan will acquire all the shares in Minelab, which has 130 workers at Torrensville in Adelaide and another 60 overseas.

Codan says the takeover is expected to greatly boost its earnings and give it major technology, market and product diversification.

Doc

Mike

I read that Codan sold their "SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS ASSETS TO

CPI INTERNATIONAL" a couple months ago but nothing about the Minelab division and that's according

to their shareholders reports. AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hello All,

Hopefully this isn't the case, well I know it's not true. Next month Minelab Americas is having their annual Minelab Partners Conference In Virginia. I'm not sure I could get a refund on the airfare, rooms and other expenses that I have paid for already. :(

Thanks guys, I knew about the sale to Codan a couple years ago. This rumor just popped up within the last week and I was asked if I knew anything about it. It might be the moving of manufacturing to Malaysia. I'll see if I can get anything additional on this end and report back on anything significant.

Mike

In 2008 Codan acquired Adelaide based Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd, and its wholly owned subsidiary Parketronics Pty Ltd. Also when you go to the Codan website, click on their metal detection link it goes to the Minelab website.

Dave

Archived