Gold of Days Past. Grubstake

Yep, my uncle found the big ones, the little stuff was mostly me with my uncle finding some, the biggest nugget on the $20.00 was sold by him for $7000.00 it weighed in at just over 5 oz's. went to my heart DR. today, still having problems even with my 5X'S bypass I just had, and when they took the artery out of my left leg, the cut a nevr, so now I permently don't have any feeling from my knee dow. That sucks, but I am still getting ready for cool weather. hunting. Grubstake

Man Grub!

Now thats some gold!!!

Hope you have a lot more finds like that in the

future. :)

Keep up the good spirit...and get out some in the cool weather.

Tom H.

Hey Grub, it aint all bad not having feeling in your leg. i haven't had feeling in either of my feet for years since my back went out. Only trouble with that is I burn the bottoms when I go barefoot on the hot cement here in the desert. There is a silver lining in every cloud, go figure.

Old Tom

Wow Gary... Do you still have a copy of the gold that you found in your El Dorado?

(The photo that was posted in the ICMJ?) Both You and your uncle Allen have found

not only gold, but coins, jewlery, and other stuff. I still have and treasure, the gold

cuff link that you, and clay pipe that Allen gave me.

(Everyone reading this, confidentually, I don't want to let Gary know, but he :) is a whizz-

bang with the 2200d. He can make 'em sing a most happy tune. This I :blink: know for sure!

• Admin

Hey Grubstake,

That trip that Dennis and I done up with you was one of the most memorable prospecting trips ever. Seeing you and your Uncle's gold in person was a blast. Detecting all those sites we did during that trip, which I believe was like 3-4 different spots was great. I believe I found gold at all of them if I remember correctly. I had a couple hundred pictures from that trip, but lost them all a few years back when a hard drive crashed and I wasn't able to retrieve or save anything on it (lesson learned).

Hummm ... Now I'm wondering if I uploaded any of those pictures to my host. If so, I might be able to recover them. :blush:

I know you will be back in much better health soon enough, so hopefully we can do another hunt somewhere, if not, maybe bump into each other at one of the upcoming winter outings.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• 3 weeks later...

Archived