Hint on your picks...

Hey all:

This may be old or may be new.....but im throwing it out there.

After digging for a day or two I find my forarm is really tired and sore...so why is that???

Im having to grip the dern handle on my pick too hard...especially with gloves on.

Solution???

Wrap the grip part of the handle with 80 grit sanpaper...tie it off with electrical tape.

The sticky back type works the best.

Ive found it sure makes digging a lot better.

Tom H.

All suggestions above good, but every once in awhile, I rewrap mine with friction tape. Getting harder to find, but does the trick and cheap!

Shep

Shep...........could you post a link or something to show what the friction tape is? im interested.

Tks sir.

Tom H.

Hey Tom, sounds like you need to sit in a chair while watching T.V. and practice raising and lowering yer arm while holding the pick to build up the muscles :P

My problem with using any pick is getting BLISTERS !!!!!! :blink:

Wallmarts also have a cushioned type self stick tape in the sporting goods dept. for wrapping the handles on tennis rackets that works well.

I only use a dental pick. Any advise on those ? :D

Try supergluing a tooth pick to your finger....I think you will be able to move a lot

more dirt like that :P

Tom H

Tom, thought you were an ol timer? Anyway, as said it's getting harder to find. It is not electrical tape per say (sticky on one side and glossy on the other), it's sticky on both sides and has a black clothy feel.Even in dusty dirty digging areas, it'll stay sticky for many a trip out. If you make Bill's or AZO's outing, I'll be at both and always carry an extra roll and it'll be yours my friend to try.

Shep

Tom, thought you were an ol timer? Anyway, as said it's getting harder to find. It is not electrical tape per say (sticky on one side and glossy on the other), it's sticky on both sides and has a black clothy feel.Even in dusty dirty digging areas, it'll stay sticky for many a trip out. If you make Bill's or AZO's outing, I'll be at both and always carry an extra roll and it'll be yours my friend to try.

Shep

Tks Shep

I apprectiate that. I will be at all Quartzite and RH outing.

Not going to Gold basin.....

Tom H.

Shep, Tom ain't that old as to know what friction tape is. By the time he was hatched they had vinal tape out. I must have forgot to educate him on the stuff. We used a lot of it on the telephone cables way back to keep repairs from slipping or creeping. The sun has an adverse effect on vinal and we would always put friction on first. It was also good for plugging up holes and cuts when you were up a pole and it was too much trouble to come down.

Old Tom

Archived