Great Week Out

Hey Pete those pea's keep ya goin until ya find the spud patch. I was going to ask what coil you were using a few days ago but looking at that smoking hot ground I figured it has to be a DD. That ironstone and hematite is thick were your at. Do you ever find any sun bakers there. AzNuggetBob

Thx for the video Pete, it brought back a slew of memories. The fiftys was my time to rumble and there were some good country musicians and singers back then. Many a drink was chugged to that song. Webb Pierce, Hank Thompson, Hank Snow, the greatest. Can't speek much for the industry today though, just one man's thoughts.

PS I forgot Patsy Cline, I do fall to pieces when I am reminded of her. I just went to a B'way show all about her life and her hit songs, I just about cried through it.

Old Tom

Hi Bob

Mate i never ever fit a DD these days and haven't since the 45 came along, even tho the ground is super hot i can tame it

without reducing settings to much, i hardly ever drop the gain below 14, the best great help on ratty ground like that is using "Specific GB"

its been a real bonus mate over here in iron saturated grounds.

Yeah i find the odd sunbaker now and again on the shallow gentle slopes.

OT

Dont ya just love them old legendary yodeling greats, puts ya mind straight out into the bush with great memories.

My mum got me hooked on Slim years ago at some of her bush dances she would hold.

Smokey Dawson was one of our great cowpokes in the 50's, saddly missed and passed on to the open plains

in 2008, the last of their breed.

Happy Trails

Pete

Archived