More fun with old pics

Well, seeings its so blazing hot out and im stuck at home in the A/C....

I decided to look through my old pics.

Heres some of them from my younger days in the hills.

The bug stuck in mud around Tip Top.

The area I dredged a 3 oz nugget in the bradshaws

Dredging below Crown King

Using the rocker box...somewhere

The truck....stuck

Enjoy! I know I did when I was out there. :)

Tom H.

Now that's what I call stuck. (truck) AzNuggetBob

Bob:

That was a ugly one.

That truck was full time 4X4 with a quadratrack to lock all 4 wheels together. I still couldnt get out of it. Plus....it was at such a bad angle it would hardly run...gas coming out of the carb.

I had to dig it out. BLAH>>

Tom H>

Unreal pics Tom, did the truck roll back into the ditch or was it a case of yeeee haaaa let her rip from the opposite way haha.

Pete

Well bud.........it was a case of getting out the pick and shovel and digging the dern thing out!

I was coming up a steep grade and could not see what was in front. Got up to the top and slid into that trench.

I gave it some gas until it died................I was at a bad angle for the carb. Bent some sheetmetal.....

But, got it out and pressed on. :) I miss that old tank. :) 10 MPG...uphill, downhill, around hill....but it would do the job.

The 4runner is a pretty good replacement. Just wish it would lock all the wheels together like the old 76 P/U would.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Just looking at your old pictures I can tell you we share the same passion. I wish I still had all my old pictures, many are just like the ones you are posting. I'm sure we would have been great mining partners if we both met back during those days.

Please continue posting pictures, they not only great to see, but bring back a lot of old memories of myself and friends.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Tom,

Just looking at your old pictures I can tell you we share the same passion. I wish I still had all my old pictures, many are just like the ones you are posting. I'm sure we would have been great mining partners if we both met back during those days.

Please continue posting pictures, they not only great to see, but bring back a lot of old memories of myself and friends.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob:

Who knows...we may have driven by each other at some time.

Just remember to take lots of pictures now....so when your a old fart like me you can post them :)

Tom H.

Archived