Guess what happen to me,

Well talk about people out of the past!, I had someone pm me on here, that knew lots about me, I came to find out, it was a good friend of mine from years past, Dan, was a dredger when I went to Bagby in 88 and He was married and had 3 girls and his wife, they would come into the Back campground and stay untill winter, He had a Giant 8 inch dredge, and most of the time he had lots of gold to show around, we all knew he was the best dredger on the Merced River at that time. He worked on a plie driving rig when he was not dredging, and he and his family were great. I was running a 5 inch dredge untill I went to work for Bill who owned Bagby as a private leaSE BACK THEN AND UP UNTIL THE MID 90's. aNYWAY dAN AND i ARE BACK IN touch now. And I'll have so good stories to tell about living full time on the Merced River back then. Grubstake

• Admin

Hey Grubstake,

Awesome you guys are back in touch. I remember some of the stories you told me when I was in Mariposa and several trips along the Merced River. Ask Dan to share some of his experiences here if he would, or maybe you would share some for him with his permission.

Can't wait to hear more.

Rob Allison

Yeh, Dan is a great guy, he's retired now, and mostly fish's, but wants to get into metaldetecting. He doe's not live that far from me. I have some great stories to tell about him and about our life for many years on the Merced at Bagby. Back then we watched dredge's for everyone, and they were left in the river full time. Tomarrow I'll post some stories. Of days past. and the fun, danger and lives of full time dredgers, on the Merced. Grubstake

Yeh, Dan is a great guy, he's retired now, and mostly fish's, but wants to get into metaldetecting. He doe's not live that far from me. I have some great stories to tell about him and about our life for many years on the Merced at Bagby. Back then we watched dredge's for everyone, and they were left in the river full time. Tomarrow I'll post some stories. Of days past. and the fun, danger and lives of full time dredgers, on the Merced. Grubstake

Cool beans Grub:

Look foward to the stories. :)

Glad a old friend found you.

TOm M.

Archived