Got the pork...

Hello all, I got out for a bit today and snagged one. It looks like a pork shoulder from one direction. This is typical pocket gold for this area. One side is smooth and the other shows the wear and tear coming down the hill. I was using the new Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones with the GBPro. One piece for 3.5 dwts, ( dwts is for Shep ), LOL. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Hey Pete, This one did everything it was suppose to do on the GBPro. It was only down about two inches and laying flat. It screamed like trash but the meter banged from 40 to 100. The ferrous bars all went away and the screen number went down to three. Everything I love to see. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Man Ray....thats a really nice nugget. :)

Glad you got over it and its yours.

Good luck out there.

Tom H.

Hey! Good find! Nice to see Ray out and about again. I just transitioned from the bay area to Humboldt ...finally. I want winter to be over with so I can get out in the Trinity with my GB2 and find my first nug and run some dirt. Sad to say goodbye to Motherlode area but happy to have access to Northern California's gold.... Now hurry up and get here spring.

Nice find Ray!

Ugs

Hello all, I try and get the guys out like that once in a while, keeps them on their toes.

Pete, most of these nuggets are either sunbakers or only an inch or so down. These areas that I try an find usually have never had a detector over them.

Frank,I will probably go back in there with a PI.

Rob, no gold from this one but I never quit, lots of places hidden in that manzanita.

Hey Shep, I keep the no hair look for the summer as to scare those snakes away that Uncle Ron is talking about. I am glad you like the new look. Actually Deb told me to grow my hair out before I died, she wanted see hair. After Ranger haircuts for thirty some years I figured I better keep her happy too. LOL.

Tom, Shep is a shameful person. LOL It is a shame that he is still on dwts. Even I use grams once in a while, Shep is a keeper though.

The diggins itself was very shallow to bedrock, however there is gravel spreading back into the pit from the peripheral areas. I find a lot of areas like this that were probably fine gold. Too small even for the Bugs. Many times I will find a screen or something to give some indication. The small rocks do not mean anything to me. I have found big chunks and I have found crumbs in an area like this. This is a typical pocket zone for this area. Many times I will have a small pan with me and will go to one of the larger rockstacks and move stuff out of the way to get to the material that has washed off of the rocks and see what the old timers were after. This has led me to some great drywashing areas. I can find ten areas like this that look fantastic and many times only one or two will throw nuggets. Its all in the search... TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS